Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: passing lamps  (Read 2498 times)

jachin72

Re: passing lamps
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2006, 11:39:05 PM »

Big Brian and IROAR,

I'll take a hard look at the mounting.  I have to remove the windshield rubber as the fairing bracket is 1/4" thick and the windshield bracket way thinner, but will go read the directions again.  I need to heed that Naitram's vibrates and see if I can mitigate it if possible.  I'll take pix when I start to tear into it.  Right now, I'm wrestling with making sure I hook up my Dakota Digital combo speedo/tach right and not screw up the rest of the electronics. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  I've spotted some tach output stuff on the stock tach harness that I need to study and logic out a while, for example, a signal going to the "low fuel module", etc. [smiley=nervous.gif]

Thanks for the advice, [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Steve

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2006, 09:11:23 AM »

the D-fly hard mounts, no rubber grommets. but you may be able to put a thin rubber sleeve over the studs
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

jachin72

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2006, 09:24:12 AM »

Naitram,

Thanks.  BB says you reported some vibration.  Is it bad?  Did you need to retorque the aux light/fairing bolts after some amount of time?

Thanks,

Steve

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2006, 10:15:02 AM »

i have snugged them up after the first couple of rides after the install/removal&reaattchment. the vibration is mostly noticble at idle and smotths out when riding.  i tried a new CD today using sony atracplus format this gave me smaller files, and the ususal low speed bumps i hit on the way to work didnt cause the skipping i'd get from an mp3 disc, but i did have some skips at idle
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

jachin72

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2006, 10:51:23 AM »

Naitram,

I remembered the installation instructions saying that the brackets have memory and develop a better fit over time.  Maybe a few retorques and DF is good to go.  I looked at the slots on the bracket and don't see much room for rubber sleeves.  Seems they cut them for a direct fit.  

Steve
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 4.144 seconds with 21 queries.