Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: My build plan  (Read 3528 times)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: My build plan
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2010, 11:31:05 PM »

The bandit clutch sounds like quality gear, I was using there strap and clamps on fire hoses when I served in the Navy - its was good quality gear. sounds like they are still at it , though not sure how they go from metal straps to clutches???

If i am to make 120 Ft/lbs in this build, is the addition of the SE clutch spring alone in sufficient? :-\

Seems like the cam bearing is a given, so i'll add that to the list.

The Bassani pipes & Reaper cam arraived safely yesterday, not impressed with Bassani's effort in packaging. All components had been wrapped ok (albeit minimal) and secured to box with zip ties, but with international transport things get a little rough i'm sure, so some of the zip ties busted. Luckily no damage done that I have seen so far.
Dave

I have run 142 tq /135 hp with the clutch that comes in the SE bikes and only added a vpc 92t and had no issues.  

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
  • Non Riding for the moment!!
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2010, 11:47:54 PM »

I have run 142 tq /135 hp with the clutch that comes in the SE bikes and only added a vpc 92t and had no issues.  

If you have had no issues, why are you called "UNBALANCED" :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

SirMichael :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2010, 12:05:50 AM »

Wow look what the cat dragged in good to see you posting again Michael000, :) 
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

SEgle

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3. Deweys Pro Street Heads, Fueling 574 Reaper cam, Smith Bros Adj Push Rods, Woods directional Night Prowler Lifters, Cometic 0.03" Head gasket, D & D Low Cat, SEST, SE Clutch Spring & AIM VPC92T Clutch kit.
    • CVO2: '76 FXE LIberty
    • CVO3: '68 GTO
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2010, 12:09:42 AM »

So did you run the stock CVO clutch with the SE spring before you added the VPC92T?

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2010, 10:49:44 AM »

There is a difference between "no issues" and knowing for certain there is no slipage. It can't often be felt. Plates just burn up real fast.
On a Dynojet dyno you can make a run and view the "gear ratio", I believe, view and it will clearly show the result, if there is direct coupling. VPC devices start to work at 3,500, most of them, and these hybred motors make enough torque low to wreak havok before there. I am not selling clutches I have such a problem I have not solved yet on my own bike.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2010, 05:21:01 PM »

Segle,

I put it on from the start and did not have any issues or slippage.  Bike was tuned by Doc and I am quite certain had there been slippage he would have identified it.

FWIW,

My wifes 103 makes 117 tq and 115 hp and it runs the factory clutch setup on the 04 SEEG.  Have never had any issues/slippage or any other malfunction with it and the bike has lots of miles on it.  (knock on wood I didnt just jinx it)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 05:23:59 PM by Unbalanced »

SEgle

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3. Deweys Pro Street Heads, Fueling 574 Reaper cam, Smith Bros Adj Push Rods, Woods directional Night Prowler Lifters, Cometic 0.03" Head gasket, D & D Low Cat, SEST, SE Clutch Spring & AIM VPC92T Clutch kit.
    • CVO2: '76 FXE LIberty
    • CVO3: '68 GTO
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2010, 03:04:58 AM »

Segle,

I put it on from the start and did not have any issues or slippage.  Bike was tuned by Doc and I am quite certain had there been slippage he would have identified it.

FWIW,

My wifes 103 makes 117 tq and 115 hp and it runs the factory clutch setup on the 04 SEEG.  Have never had any issues/slippage or any other malfunction with it and the bike has lots of miles on it.  (knock on wood I didnt just jinx it)
Hey Unbalanced. Thanks for your input. I noticed you have a police Road King, I am coming over to the US next year to ride the ol Route 66  and bit more and will probly buy a bike and ship it home, one of these is something i am considering, anything to look out for? What extras (if any) do they have?  Dave

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2010, 09:44:19 AM »

Segle,

Try and find an un-modded bike, by that I mean one that was never put into use, in florida, we have had several dealers that had bikes like this for sale.   Unfortunately most of the police dept's hack into the harness and you can be forever chasing issues.   In my case I got tired of chasing wiring and bought a new harness from a roadking classic and went on from there. 

Some come with a regular seat some come with the air cushion that was used by the policeman, some come with a tach some dont.  If you buy an older one like 07 (103 cu inch) be sure it has the recalled heads with the compression releases put in. 

In my area I would check with Ormond HD Rossmeyer, Orlando HD East to start

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2010, 10:49:40 AM »

My current motor has Mackie heads, Mackie cams, Mackie custom JE pistons and Mackie bored Axtell cylinders....   :2vrolijk_21:

Very happy with it!   :2vrolijk_21:

Scott, what was wrong with your Cycle-Rama build?

Craig
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 25 queries.