Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: screamin eagle tuners  (Read 11608 times)

willymax4

• Senior CVO Member
screamin eagle tuners
« on: November 07, 2010, 11:00:37 AM »

can someone explain the difference between the screamin eagle street performance tuner {p.n. 41000008 } and the screamin eagle super tuner pro. {p.n.32109-08b.

trahog

• Elite CVO Member
  • Living life
    • FL

• CVO1: 2000 screaming eagle road glide
    • CVO2: 2005 screaming eagle v-rod 2009 cvo road Glide 2011cvo street glide
    • CVO3: 2015 cvo street glide
Re: screamin eagle tuners
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 11:21:46 AM »

Buy a TTS master tune

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 11:40:38 AM »

can someone explain the difference between the screamin eagle street performance tuner {p.n. 41000008 } and the screamin eagle super tuner pro. {p.n.32109-08b.

The Street Performance Tuner does not give you any tuning capability.  With the software all you can do is go in and look at what your settings are, you can't adjust them.  If you make any performance enhancements to your bike, you have to take your bike in and the technician will use your interface to download a canned "street legal" map into your ECM to closely match the setup you have.  All this is, was a way for the dealer to get $350 from you up front for the interface and then charge you a "nominal" fee every time you need to download a new map to your bike.   The SE Pro Super Tuner, on the other hand, is about $100 more than the Street tuner, but gives you total accessibility to all the tables, allows you to make adjustments, and also has an "auto tune" feature, where you can attach the interface, hit the record button, and go out and ride and record up to 15 minutes of information.  Download that information to your PC and run the auto tune feature in the software, and the software will make changes, if necessary, to your settings that you can accept, if you want, and download a new "tweaked" map to your ECM.  Your dealer will also be able to dyno your bike with this tuner also.  

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

willymax4

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 12:08:50 PM »

thanx red devil, i'm weighing all the pros and cons on different tuners and the tts must be a pretty trick set up considering all the positive comments it recieves on all the harley davidson forums i read.

Dood2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 02:40:37 PM »

There are a bunch of tuners on the market. I thought  about it for a long time, read as much as I could about the different ones on the market. There is probably performance differences, some better some worse. In the end I went with the Harley SERT. I know everyone has their preferences but I travel alot and if there is a problem I can go to the nearest Harley dealer which may be easier to get fixed instead of trying to get info over the phone. Just my opinion.

10SE5

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC Riptide Blue/Titanium Dust
    • CVO2: non CVO 2007 FXDWG Scorpion Blue/Scorpion Silver 109hp/111tq
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 05:49:31 PM »

Fullsac X-Pipe, 2.0 baffles, TTS. Dyno tuned by Dave at JD's Cycle works. 96 HP/110 TQ

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 06:57:26 PM »

thanx red devil, i'm weighing all the pros and cons on different tuners and the tts must be a pretty trick set up considering all the positive comments it recieves on all the harley davidson forums i read.
TTS used to make the SERT before Harley went to another vendor to make the SEPST in '08.  The best advice I can give you is if you're going to have your bike tuned professionally, go with the tuner that your technician is most comfortable with.  I went with the SEPST because my tuner is the most familiar with that device.  In fact I've used the MoCo's tuners on all of my bikes.

2012 FLHXSE3

JohnnyRock

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 12:14:52 PM »

The SE Pro Super Tuner, on the other hand, is about $100 more than the Street tuner, but gives you total accessibility to all the tables, allows you to make adjustments, and also has an "auto tune" feature, where you can attach the interface, hit the record button, and go out and ride and record up to 15 minutes of information.  Download that information to your PC and run the auto tune feature in the software, and the software will make changes, if necessary, to your settings that you can accept, if you want, and download a new "tweaked" map to your ECM. 

Where do I find out information on the ins and outs and how to use this?
FLHXSE/2
SERT
V&H Dresser Duals
CFR Slip-ons

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010, 02:53:54 PM »

Where do I find out information on the ins and outs and how to use this?

Unfortunately, the operator's manual is on the tuning software CD that you have to purchase separately.  It gives you the complete guide on how to use the SEPST.

2012 FLHXSE3

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 21 queries.