Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: E-Tracer, serious electric motorcycle!  (Read 1111 times)

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: E-Tracer, serious electric motorcycle!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 10:46:25 AM »

I know it's been an award winner for its application of modern technology.  It's even reported to have decent performance.  But it's still a "cabin motorcycle" and those self deploying training wheels for low and slow just make me uncomfortable.  And, of course, it's still ugly as Joe Biden in drag.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 11:01:09 AM »

I know it's been an award winner for its application of modern technology.  It's even reported to have decent performance.  But it's still a "cabin motorcycle" and those self deploying training wheels for low and slow just make me uncomfortable.  And, of course, it's still ugly as Joe Biden in drag.

I'd love to know what the "failsafe" is for those struts.  And just thinking about how H-D would implement that gives me the willies (not the Willy G.'s, the other kind of willies).  If the struts didn't deploy, I get the impression you would roll over into the ditch long before you could open the cabin and catch yourself.  And that's the best case failure mode; how about if you're cruising at 100 mph and one of the struts decides to deploy?

Interesting, but I don't see it as being terribly practical.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 12:05:11 PM »

what is the benefit riding two wheels in an enclosed cage? And with a seat belt???? If its an 'E' thing, much wiser to go with a Pirus.  Four wheels have proven to be stable for over 100 years, an auto 'kick stand', that i've never saw before, just doesn't strike me for dependability.

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 21 queries.