Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: O2 sensors in catless headpipe (Fullsac or FuelMoto)  (Read 3400 times)

aero8

• Full CVO Member
O2 sensors in catless headpipe (Fullsac or FuelMoto)
« on: December 04, 2010, 04:28:50 AM »

I plan to change completely the exhaust system on my FLHXSE2.

Still not sure if I choose Fullsac or FuelMoto. TTS Mastertune is widely unknown, no dealer here. Powercommander V is known, but small support. I have to do the work on my own, therefore I am looking for the simple way......plug and play!!

WHAT HAPPENS TO THE O2 SENSORS WHEN FITTING A CATLESS HEADPIPE?

Do the catless headpipes have them too or can they be disconnected?

Is it advisable to buy a set of O2 sensors( part number?) for the catless headpipe in order to avoid removal from the OEM headpipe?

Can I remove the cables which route to the sensors when fitting a catless headpipe?

Thanks for all replies!

Aero8/Switzerland

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
Re: O2 sensors in catless headpipe (Fullsac or FuelMoto)
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 06:59:49 AM »

your sensors just should be reinstalled, got nothing to do with cat/catless as they are placed before, not behind the cat.

if you can't get any support for tuning your bike locally you may look over the border  ;)

There are several dealers in the Munich or Stuttgart area doing a good job tuning with SEPST.

Alternatively you may be interested in this thread. It's promoted to be just plug and play, no tuning skills neccessary.
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

Jus Cruisin

• SERG Rider
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 08:34:47 AM »

I did the switch to a standard head pipe a few months ago and it is very straight forward. Just unplug your sensors before you take the head pipe off rather than trying to unscrew them while still on the bike, use the proper fitting wrench to unscrew the sensors not some adjustable. You don't want to round them off. The sensors are there for the fuel injection to operate not for the cats.
2009 FLTRSE3 Orange, Fullsac and SERT

Other stuff in my garage: All American
2010 F150 Platinum 4X2
2008 Roush Mustang 428R, only 435hp
2008 Corvette convertible, 436hp

walstibsf

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2013 FLSTFB
    • CVO3: 2016 MOTO GUZZI
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 08:49:44 AM »

IMO, the best plug and play is either the TTS, probably from Fullsac(because support is only a e mail or phone call away, maps are, too) or the PCV(good phone and e mail support, maps on website for the choosing).  SEPST is good, but many variables (even if you have experience) and canned maps only written for Harley components.

One thing to check on the PCV, is if a map is available for the components you intend to run.  Just look on their website, and follow menus.

Hope this helps......

W  A  L  S  T  I  B  S  F..................................

what a long strange trip its been..........SO FAR

Ghost__Rider

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 09:30:20 AM »

Hands down, TTS and Fullsac X pipe. You won't be sorry.
2017 CVO SG, Suburban Speed 130" kit, Fullsac Stainless DXpipe, 2" Fullsac Cores,2014 CVO Limited, Fullsac DXpipe, Fullsac 2 1/4"CVO cores, TTS Matertune w/Fullsac Custom Map, Andrews 54 Cams. Spank You Very Much!!!
2012 Street Glide, 107cu.in./.625 T-Man cams, SE Pro CNC ported Heads, 10.8 Comp., 58mm ThrottleBody, 5.3inj, D&D Borzilla 2in1 Exhaust

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 09:33:47 AM »

@Walstibsf:

IMO, the best plug and play is either the TTS, probably from Fullsac(because support is only a e mail or phone call away, maps are, too) or the PCV(good phone and e mail support, maps on website for the choosing).  SEPST is good, but many variables (even if you have experience) and canned maps only written for Harley components.

we are not talking about the wealth of aftermarket parts and experienced tuners you can to choose of in the US. Harleys are rare over here in Europe, modified engines even more so and there are very few experienced EFI tuners. It's just since last november Harley started at least to offer SESPT-training courses for Swiss, German and Austrian dealers at all.

Vehicle control on the other hand is handled far more strictly in Europe and fines and other legal consequences are really heavy. So we are a little more restricted in our choices than you are  ;)

If you want to keep your warranty valid - and that's not an unimportant issue with those 110 engines and their various problems - you are more or less restricted to SE-parts anyway. So the SEPST can be the better option over here despite it's possible shortcomings just because you will get at least some local support for it instead of none at all.
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

aero8

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 11:59:19 AM »

Dear Kraut

You are right, these are exactly the problems ( nearly no support, restricted choices, very heavy fines which can go up easily to 3500 dolllars for an non OEM muffler) !!!

I want it to do on my own and not at the dealer, therefore I am looking for easy fiting and support which can be done USA-Switzerland!!

Still not sure what happens to the O2 sensors. Got an answer from a Powercommander retailer and he said that the O2 sensors will be fitted to the catless headpipe but not connected :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Lets asume I will fit a FULLSAC X-pipe and TTS mastertune.

Will I screw into the Fullsac headpipe O2 sensors-----------  YES or NO???
Will I connect them with the ECM???

Thanks for all the replies and the big knowlege here on the forum.
Aero8/Switzerland

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 12:02:57 PM »

Dear Kraut

You are right, these are exactly the problems ( nearly no support, restricted choices, very heavy fines which can go up easily to 3500 dolllars for an non OEM muffler) !!!

I want it to do on my own and not at the dealer, therefore I am looking for easy fiting and support which can be done USA-Switzerland!!

Still not sure what happens to the O2 sensors. Got an answer from a Powercommander retailer and he said that the O2 sensors will be fitted to the catless headpipe but not connected :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Lets asume I will fit a FULLSAC X-pipe and TTS mastertune.

Will I screw into the Fullsac headpipe O2 sensors-----------  YES or NO???
Will I connect them with the ECM???

Thanks for all the replies and the big knowlege here on the forum.
Aero8/Switzerland

The Fullsac headpipe/TTS combo uses the stock O2 sensors and keeps them in the stock location and they will stay connected to the ECM. If you go with the Fullsac muffler cores as well, to the untrained eye it looks bone stock. The only visible difference is the screw in the bottom of the muffler to hold the cores in and the headpipe is black due to the heat coating (which gets covered by the stock heat shields anyway).

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 02:04:34 PM »

I know it is far but may want to engage the help of Vosselman Performance in NL. They are experienced TTS and SEST tuners. He would have relevant answers to the regulations as well.

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 04:39:53 AM »

I support what you say about Gerrit Vosselmann, but he uses Direct Link for his tunes. Same with Alex from M-Tek who does some of the best headwork this side of the pond.

@Aero:

if you go the fullsac way all your questions should be adressed to Steve directly, he is a member of this board under "Fullsac Perf", just send him pm. He has been very helpfull and already two friends of mine went this way in the last couple of weeks. They are very satisfied. His header accepts the OEM O2 sensors just as the OEM part does, no problems there and it does indeed look OEM under the heat shields.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 04:41:28 AM by kraut »
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 25 queries.