Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 Coming July to Australia... CB?? We run UHF.. Conversion?  (Read 948 times)

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member

Helly Guys...  The CVO coming has CB integrated, know that, but does anyone know how to switch over to our UHF?  It would take a whole other unit I would think, so has anyone integrated a UHF into the system?  We have different frequency allocations to you in America anyway..

CB on your frequency is USELESS here, we almost do not use CB at all, and I might not have another Ultra around to talk to and that would be the ONLY one with that CB frequency allocation...   If on a long haul, I need road reports, highway conditions on shutdown, trucker contacts, that sort of thing and they ALL run UHF here..   Any help with integration or conversion?  Or is this in the "too hard" basket?

Thank you in advance... Cowboy in Oz

timo482

• Elite CVO Member

cb's here got there power cut way down 30 years ago - on my bike i can talk to anybody who is close enough to tell what state there license plate is from - if they are farther away than that its hopeless, in the 70's you could talk 10 to 15 miles in daytime and 50 plus at night

ive never heard of uhf - do tell

to

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member

Everyone here, I mean EVERYONE in Australia is on UHF....  Police, Campers, Truckers, 4x4 People, Stations, EVERYONE...

It is only like 1-3 watts on hand held, I think 5 watts on fixed in vehicles, and has maybe a 15-20 km average distance...  It is like CB only a different frequency allocation, same sort of rigs both hand held and fixed..  Google it, I think it means Ultra High Frequency..  but not sure.  Anyway, it is only "Line of Sight" direct transmission, but there are "Repeater" towers all over the countryside.  The whole Nation runs on UHF down here.  CB is a thing of the past...  Here, this is the frequency list off Google: http://www.uhfcb.com.au/40-Channel-UHF-Infomation.php

Anyway, I need to interface it into my new 2011.5 Big Blue coming in July... Any help anyone? Is it even possible??

Best regards to all HD Riders, Cowboy

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 21 queries.