Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Has anybody utilized the Rinehart 4 inch mufflers on the 2010 FLXSE  (Read 14930 times)

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
Re: Has anybody utilized the Rinehart 4 inch mufflers on the 2010 FLXSE
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2011, 09:59:12 PM »

no pictures sorry.  but i can offer you some ideas?  i ordered mine directly from Rinehart for $980 with 2 sets of tips and the 2.50 performance baffle.  I like the look of the Rinehart head pipes better than any other head pipe, it shows more of the engine and chrome if you go that route.  You can't beat the sound of these pipe on a 110.  you can hear your music, but the pipes scream on demand.  i ordered black head pipes with chrome heat shields, black mufflers and then both chrome & black tips.  this way, if i get bored i can change the look of the bike and put the black heats shields on with the black mufflers and black tips.  i now have chrome headers, black mufflers and chrome tips.  this being said, it depends on what you want.  looks and sound, you can't go wrong with the Rinehart pipe.  I have toyed with changing mine out and going with the D&D Boss Fat Cats.  Performance wise, I have been told they will outperform the RInehart in the seat.  the only reason i haven't made the change, is because what i said above.  I don't car for that double thick exhaust head pipes covering the right side of the bike?  LOL?  hope that confuses you?
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2011, 08:48:15 PM »

Those do look nice and I don't want to offend anyone but imo the boom cans look best (really fill the gap) and sound great. They got a lot of attention at sturgis.
They look good and sound pretty good. Wonder how they do performance wise?

Mike

billyo2222

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 cobalt blue/black traded
    • CVO2: 10 captain sesg sold
    • CVO3: 09 rocker c (not cvo) but custom to me!
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2011, 09:41:01 PM »

I sent a pm to wheels to see if he had his dyno tuned. I never had mine on the dyno. I can't imagine there to bad. They have a decent baffle and they are Bubs. Hopefully wheels will have an answer. The way I looked at it is I will sacrifice 2-3 hp or torque to get the look and sound I want
if I'm that worried about power I'd go back to the decked out R1' s I had ;D. The one thing I can say is stock header with those slip-ons netted me anywhere from 55-56 plus MPG at about 65 mph on my trip to sturgis!! And in a flying trip back and forth on interstate to Rapid (80-82 MPH) 49mpg with 140 miles on that tank.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 09:55:19 PM by billyo2222 »

DOC.COFFIN

• Senior CVO Member
  • Transplanted from San Diego To Napoli

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO DARK SLATE / BLACK DIAMOND
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 CVO BLACK DIAMOND & CRIMSON
    • CVO3: 2008 FLHR VIVID BLACK
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2011, 01:29:17 PM »

When did you last hear about the chrome tip backorder?  Maybe they did mention that it would be any day now.. Wonder if I am gonna have to wait?

Dennis

Dennis...have you tried Eastern Performance? That's where I got mine. They have a website as well as an Ebay store and they've always beat competitive pricing...you should check them out.
"War is an ugly, messy, bloody business. No one welcomes the task of waging it. And yet the task is ours. Neither pity us nor praise us. Stand by us." ~Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

DOC.COFFIN

• Senior CVO Member
  • Transplanted from San Diego To Napoli

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO DARK SLATE / BLACK DIAMOND
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 CVO BLACK DIAMOND & CRIMSON
    • CVO3: 2008 FLHR VIVID BLACK
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2011, 02:44:26 AM »

Just a quick update...I checked today and there website shows them in stock...including chrome tips and they have chrome slash cut tips that fit these in stock also. I run these and really like the way they look.
"War is an ugly, messy, bloody business. No one welcomes the task of waging it. And yet the task is ours. Neither pity us nor praise us. Stand by us." ~Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2011, 08:38:34 AM »

Jenni @ Tri-County H-D has better prices than anywhere that i have found on complete Rhinehart True Dual 4" exhaust system. Also on D&D Fat Cat 2 into 1
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 26 queries.