Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: scorpion helmets  (Read 2380 times)

rayz1951

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

scorpion helmets
« on: May 08, 2011, 11:42:02 AM »

I,m looking at the Scorpion 100 helmet with the retractible face shield. I have a Harley 1/2 helmet now for a few years and it's been giving me a head ache after a couple of hours of riding.  Has anyone had any experience with the Scorpion line of helmets?  I've been looking at the H-D helmets but a lot of them don't have the rain shield for the neck area, which comes in handy here in MI. I also like the retractible shield for eye protection. 

Ray Z
RayZ

kiwihog

• KIWIHOG
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE Rio Red & Black
    • CVO2: 2007 FXSTDi NON CVO
    • CVO3: 2016 FLTRUSE
Re: scorpion helmets
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 11:48:46 AM »

Have had the scorpion 100 for my BSR for quite a while and she likes it a lot not having to worry about sunglasses or changing from tints to clear at nite is a plus no problems with aches and pain either got a good deal from jakewilson.com
Things I have had to buy because of this site 2.0 fullsac baffles, PV tuner, glare polish, floorboard extn, clearview w/shield, locking lower doors, motorcycle armour, bass ports in tourpac, Iron aces mount for Power Vision Tuner V&H Power duals
and not close to finished!!!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 11:59:46 AM »

Nolan N-103 is another one that has the inner sun shield and is a very quiet modular (flip face) helmet.  Actually, Nolan makes several different helmets that have the inner sun shield that flips down at a touch and are bluetooth compatable. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 07:32:26 PM »

I have one a love it. Works great when it rains and I have my glasses on.
Bill

Florida Marine (Ret)

• Lieutenant Colonel of Marines...
  • Legacy bike...from my dad. Miss you dad!

• CVO1: 2003 SERK - GOLD BIKES RULE!
    • CVO2: 2005 Kawasaki KLR 650 - only dropped once.
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 07:35:18 PM »

I have one I wear when I ride my KLR...

Its good around town, but if I wear it for a spell, I get a serious hot spot on the front of my grape.  I have to push the foam up to get any relief.

Also, I'd get a 700 over the 1000, the inflatable chin thing is useless to me.  Also the internal sun-glass thing is designed for a forward stance sport bike riders, I look through the bottom of it.

If I need a new one, I will look around for another helmet.  I have an HJC modular painted to match my SERK, much more comfortable. 

I replaced a HJC with the Scorp when I laid down my KLR a few years back...like it over the Scorp.
Gold Bikes RULE

Miker is a jackass

Yeah, its me, not sure why I came back

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 10:01:17 PM »

I have one I wear when I ride my KLR...

Ditto!

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 08:37:08 AM »

I have the Scorpion 1000 for the long road trips or when riding for sure in the rain.  Wore it in the rain on Sunday.  I don't like the limited vision of the full helmet as opposed to the 1/2 helmet, but when I have to, the Scorpion works.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

duranh

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
    • Random photos
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2011, 10:47:45 AM »

What size are you looking to get? I have one that I don't use it is silver and white, cheapish. For me it is too heavy, and not shaped right for my melon. I now run the Schuberth C3 for a flip face and love it but @ 1100.00 (with the SRC) it is a little pricey. For standard full face I have a H-D FXRG and a Shoei that I use. Below are some helmets I have had and my personal opinions (which are worth what you are paying $0.00) :) I should mention that this is the past 3-4 years.

Shoei - I have had two and they are absolutely the most comfortable helmets I have owned. I have a Shoei head I guess. One of the two just died of old age, the other is still in the stable. A little loud due to venting but tolerable.
HJC Flip face (Harley-Davidson Branded) Poor fit, squeezed my temples and gave me a headache, LOUD
KBC Flip face - It felt cheap, squeezed my temples even louder than the HJC flip
Scorpion 1000 - Heavy, pressure on my forehead, quiet, good for mid rides 200 - 300 miles, not to loud. Sunshade is a nice feature. I didn't understand the air-pump thing either and never used it.
HJC (Harley-Davidson FXRG) Once you get it on you head it is great! Super light, quiet, comfortable. Will rip your ears off trying to put in on or off but worth the effort. Carbon Fiber = Cool!!
Schuberth C3 - Comfortable, quiet, light, functional, expensive. This is the best flip face helmet ever made, the SRC system integration is great, the helmet is light, I still have one pressure point that needs adjusting but I really like this helmet. Never fogs up, no drag, nice sunshade, easy flip mech. Could use a little better venting but that is about it.

Again these are my opinions, partially due to my head shape,

Page created in 0.36 seconds with 25 queries.