Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No, it's not a cool vest.....it's a cool helmet liner.  (Read 2214 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
No, it's not a cool vest.....it's a cool helmet liner.
« on: July 22, 2011, 02:46:25 PM »

I was walking through the dealership awhile ago and saw the cool vests and walked on by.  On my way back through, I noticed something made of the same material but much smaller and it peaked my curiosity.  I stopped to read the label.

A HyperKewl cooling baseball cap liner.....wtf?  I started to go on out the door and then I remembered something I'd learned in the Marines a few decades earlier.....that 80% of your body heat escapes out the top of your head.  That's a good thing to know in the winter.

And there's been times in the summer when it fills like my brain is cooking in my helmet when it's in the triple digits.....hmmm, maybe I'll get one of those for Terrie because she's been getting heat sick the past few years and sometimes even the cooling vest doesn't help.  Threw it up on the counter to pay for it then noticed it was only $5 and thought to myself.....for $5 if that thing really works for her I'm going to be disapointed that I didn't get one for myself so I left with two of them!

Click this link and scroll down to #6574 HyperKewl Cooling Baseball Cap Liners.....I'm sure they'll fit in our helmets just fine.   If you're suseptable to heat sickness, you might want to give these a thought.
http://www.techniche-intl.com/en/catalog/cooling-apparel/hyperkewl-evaporative-cooling/headwear/index.html 
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
Re: No, it's not a cool vest.....it's a cool helmet liner.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 09:25:12 PM »

Let me know how it fits with the helmet and how much it helps!
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Sklywag

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 09 Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 06 CVO Ultra - Sold
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 12:25:34 AM »

In AZ we have small air conditioning units built into our helmets, Lithium powered and backed up by a pink rabbit.

Pretty interesting JC, let me know how they work.
Bill (Sklywag)
  There are too many roads for one lifetime...

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 12:33:59 AM »

Sounds like a good idea, but I'm a little hesitant 'cause it may mess up my hair.
How does it work JC? Soak it like the cool neck bandana thing and stick it under your helmet?
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 12:55:29 AM »

Sounds like a good idea, but I'm a little hesitant 'cause it may mess up my hair.
How does it work JC? Soak it like the cool neck bandana thing and stick it under your helmet?

Yep, just like your cool vest. :2vrolijk_21:  When memories of me, Terrie, Ernie, Andy and Jon coming through Utah and Nevada at 115F......I'm thinkin it will work really well! :bananarock: :bananarock:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2011, 01:10:03 AM »

Yes, they make them for dogs, too.

Here you go......  http://www.techniche-intl.com/en/catalog/cooling-apparel/index.html 

West Coast GTG   

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2011, 01:25:06 AM »

Wasn't there a product a few years ago that did a similar thing but was a neck roll? I remember there being problems of stroke because the roll would cool the blood going to the brain. I would think that cooling the skull from the top down would alleviate that problem and this product would work well.  ...Until Twolane got his hands on it.  ;)

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2011, 01:31:41 AM »

JC, after looking at their website, it seems the only way to purchase anything is for your local dealer. It's gonna get a little expensive flying all the way across country for these things.

Christian

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 08:01:08 AM »

I envy you for needing such things.
Here in good old germany you only think about rain suits. :-\

But in end of september i will ride through your warm and wonderful landscape :mango:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2011, 10:02:24 AM »

I envy you for needing such things.
Here in good old germany you only think about rain suits. :-\

But in end of september i will ride through your warm and wonderful landscape :mango:

You'll be just in time for the rainy season so you'll feel right at home. ;D

In the mean time.......it's going to be 98F here today and in the 100s by the weekend. :(

West Coast GTG   

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 21 queries.