Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: New Dunlop tire?  (Read 3977 times)

Limited Lou

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FLHTCUI
Re: New Dunlop tire?
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2011, 05:48:37 PM »

As an FYI, I spoke with a real turd from Dunlop at the Chicago IMS show.  I asked what new sizes came out in Fall of 2010 for the American Elites, beyond the single front and rear for the 2009+. He there wasn't any and the website doesn't say that. Huh?  Sites says specifically, "More sizes to fit other Harley-Davidson models will become available later in 2010", under the last bullet point.

http://www.dunlopmotorcycle.com/tirecatalog_tire.asp?id=109

So I said fine, when ARE you guys coming out with new sizes, and what sizes might they be?  That I was specifically looking for sizes that will fit the 2008 and earlier Ultra's. The blockhead said, there were not enough motorcycles built that use those sizes to justify making the American Elites for them.  WHAT???  He said we have the 402's which are made for those years. Further, that they will only be making American Elites in sizes for new bikes.

I then mentioned that I was running the Elite 3's on my 2006 SEUC, and that I was happy with the life and all around performance, but they were a bit slick in the rain. As such, I was really hoping they would come out with an American Elite version that would fit. He then said that the E3 was not designed for a Harley, and it was dangerous to use them on anything other than a Gold Wing, and I should take them off immediately.

I couldn't take it any longer, told him I'd got to Metzler instead, and just walked away, but seems odd that they aren't working on any variations of the American Elite for older bikes? I just hope this was just some retard they dragged along to lug their booth crap.

soapbox:
T
The guy seems like he doesn't know what he's talking about.. Or Dunlop has change their minds on different sizes as I e-mailed them and they said there would be different szes.. They even told me yiu can mix the 407's & 408's with the New American Elite. The tire is so close to each other...

2008 FLHTCUI
Olive Pearl/Vivid Black

Limited Lou

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FLHTCUI
Re: New Dunlop tire?
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2011, 10:57:23 AM »

Fixing to get ready for a Front American Elite. 29,820 miles on stock 408F.. Not bad at all. Don't know why I'm changing style. They said should get same or more miles than Original 408F.. I'll find out I guess...  Anybody with a american elite front tire yet ??
2008 FLHTCUI
Olive Pearl/Vivid Black
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 25 queries.