Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 2012 cvo streetglide - top have to have mods?  (Read 7106 times)

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator
Re: 2012 cvo streetglide - top have to have mods?
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2011, 01:14:24 PM »

not installed

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • SMF Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
Re: 2012 cvo streetglide - top have to have mods?
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2011, 01:42:28 PM »

I am only 5'6" and the reach is to far on my 09' Street Glide, so I purchased the HD reach seat with the driver backrest. I then sent the seat off to Alligator Bob to customize.  He used Italian leather and buffalo hide leather.  400 miles later my 09' Street Glide was totaled.  The seat survived, so when my 12' CVO SG came in at the dealer, we transferred my custom seat and backrest to my new ride.  It only took minimal modifications to get it to fit.  I am very happy with the look and the comfort.  Alligator Bob added a polymer pad for comfort to the driver seat and I can honestly say that it is the most comfortable seat I have traveled on.
The stock seat is awesome-looking, but it doesn't work for me at all. It's hard without much padding, and I am too short (5' 9") to reach the bars comfortably because I sit so far back on the thing. I have to lean forward too much, and that's not the way I like to ride. It's not comfortable like that. With my back, I HAVE to have a rider backrest, and like you said, there's no option for one with the stock seat. That was stupid on the MoCo's part. So off it comes, and a more supportive one with a backrest goes on. I think the stock '11 SG/RG seat will work OK, and it will match the plain rider backrest and the plain TP backrest I'm getting. If I don't like the new seat, I'll just sell it and go get a Mustang, or maybe a C&C. I have a Mustang Regal 2-up seat with a rider backrest on the E-Glide, and I can sit in that thing comfortably all day long. It looks good, too...

I may have to add pull-back bars to my list, too. I like the grips to be right where my hands naturally fall, but on this bike, with the stock seat, that's not where they are at all. The grips are a good 2" inches further forward than I want them to be. I'm going to try to adjust the bars down some from where they are now, and see how that works. BUt that's PITA because i have to get into the inner faring to do that. The new seat will hopefully move me a little further forward as well - so maybe that will fix the problem.
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 22 queries.