Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Engine mods for new 110 SESG  (Read 3640 times)

glenpick

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Orange / Black
Re: Engine mods for new 110 SESG
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2011, 07:00:59 PM »

Good for you JT - always an exciting time when you pick up a bike new or with mods completed - sorry i did not realise you live up north - mum lives in Finley so I get up there from time to time.
The guys at HH fitted my race tuner & V&H pipes - yes they know their stuff - I'm staying away from the buggers though as my wallet cries enough every time I go there.
Take care
Glen.

Hey Glen,

Your spot on,that Black Diamond on the floor sure is my beast and you have posted the first pic of it on this site,good on ya.

Brett does a good job of sellin that shiny HD stuff and Andy is the man that bolts it all on, ripper blokes in that store I reckon.

What goes on down the Vic markets of a Wed night? is it just a look and see kinda thing?
I'll be in Melb tomorrow to pick mine up from HH but probably be back home on the Murray come dark time.

Thanks for the pic Glen.

"Be Thankful We're Not Getting All The Government We're Paying For"

dcigar

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLSTSE2
    • CVO2: 1996 FXSTC
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2011, 12:47:11 AM »

great lookin bikes guys,
i agree the 110 is plenty of power for me after graduating from an 80
are any of you going to the hog rally in mornington

glenpick

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2011, 02:28:47 AM »

Would love to go to the Hog rally but sadly must work
Cheers
Glen.

great lookin bikes guys,
i agree the 110 is plenty of power for me after graduating from an 80
are any of you going to the hog rally in mornington

JT OZY

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2011, 05:35:50 PM »

Picked the bike up at HH with all the new shiny bells and whistles and it looks a treat. V&H slip ons an cat extracted with SE super tuner and dynoed and holy sh-t does this mother get up and go now. I'm very happy with the outcome (no more hot right leg) and all the bits and pieces look fantastic. I'll take some pic's out on the road this weekend and post them next week for you boy's to take a look at.

Unfortunately I wont be at the Mornington Rally, but if you get there Dcigar and you run into Dan (Shunter) give him my regards. Tell I'm the guy who bumped into him at "Buffalo head smashed in" its an Indian historic site in Canada, real neat place and very interesting story that goes with it.

I intend to ride for ever
So far so good

glenpick

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2011, 10:13:00 PM »

Well done JT - look forward to the pics - wonder if you could explain more on the cat removal as I was gonna get V&H power duels fitted on its first service in a few weeks - Already have the V&H slip ons & SE race tuner. You may save me a few $$
Cheers
Glen.

Picked the bike up at HH with all the new shiny bells and whistles and it looks a treat. V&H slip ons an cat extracted with SE super tuner and dynoed and holy sh-t does this mother get up and go now. I'm very happy with the outcome (no more hot right leg) and all the bits and pieces look fantastic. I'll take some pic's out on the road this weekend and post them next week for you boy's to take a look at.

Unfortunately I wont be at the Mornington Rally, but if you get there Dcigar and you run into Dan (Shunter) give him my regards. Tell I'm the guy who bumped into him at "Buffalo head smashed in" its an Indian historic site in Canada, real neat place and very interesting story that goes with it.

JT OZY

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2011, 10:46:22 PM »

Glen,

Andy(HH Tech) did the work on the Cat removal, the bike sounds heaps better as well and sure as hell runs a lot cooler.I'm not to sure of the cost because he did a few other mods at the same time but I reckon it would be cheaper than buying new header pipes,just depends on what look your after I guess. I had him fit a chopped top box and also the USA fender just need the curved licence plate holder now to finish the job off.
So far so good

glenpick

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2011, 02:09:08 AM »

Thanks for the heads up on those mods - Brett explained the USA fender swap out to me - hope you stay on the right side of Mr Plod with that. Very much looking forward to your pix.
Cheers
Glen.

Glen,

Andy(HH Tech) did the work on the Cat removal, the bike sounds heaps better as well and sure as hell runs a lot cooler.I'm not to sure of the cost because he did a few other mods at the same time but I reckon it would be cheaper than buying new header pipes,just depends on what look your after I guess. I had him fit a chopped top box and also the USA fender just need the curved licence plate holder now to finish the job off.

2010SSRS

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG2
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2011, 09:42:51 PM »

Your thoughts on MY choice of mods for my new 110 SESG.

My choice of goodies has been based on my keeping my 2 year warranty with the dealer and also from reading a lot of good info from this site and also more importantly my riding style and all up weight on the bike.
The list of goodies;SE 259E cams, Head work(clean up the ports and get it flowing right),10.5 High comp pistons, 58mm throttle body, V&H high out put slip on's, stock headers with the cat removed and SE super tuner with dyno tune. Most of my riding is done between 2500 and 4000rpm and preferably on curvy hilly country roads.(Not a lot of freeways in OZ) .The engine shop reckons this engine will be good for about 115-120hp and 110-118 ft lbs of Tq.
I'm thinking that this combo should give me plenty of mid range grunt with that little bit extra up in the top end when the need arises.

Looking forward to you all's responses.

JT

i went with 590 cams, V&H True Duals and stayed with the stock throttle body, but other than that i did the same as you.  i'm guessing you wound up like me with a little less hp than you listed, but more torque.  the Hi Outputs are the killer in your configuration.  my tech really wanted me to go with a 2 into 1.  my REAL dyno numbers were 106hp/120tq with NO CORRECTION.

but what a difference! 
TR590 Cams - Hi Comp Pistons - Stage 3 Heads - V&H Dresser Duals - V&H Hi Outputs - Tuner - Custom Map - 104hp/121tq

JT OZY

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2011, 11:19:11 PM »

the difference in grunt from stock is chalk and cheese (as you would expect after the $$$ spent) I stuck with the stock header pipes and removed the cat and no more hot leg and a bit of extra power and a slightly deeper exhaust note. I was supprised that I ended up with more HP than TQ and I reckon it will take at least another run on the dyno to get the best from it. Overall I am extremely happy with the results. The two into one just was not an option for me on this bike,it needs both to balance out the bags and the look that I like.

Cheers JT
So far so good

JT OZY

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2011, 07:44:42 PM »

!st pic ready for its first road trip
So far so good
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 21 queries.