Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vance and Hines or other exhaust systems for my FXR3?  (Read 2816 times)

JonnyD

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO Deluxe
Vance and Hines or other exhaust systems for my FXR3?
« on: March 22, 2011, 12:23:48 AM »

I thought I remember reading on here somewhere, that there is a Vance and Hines system that will fit on the FXR3's but they (Vance and Hines) claim they won't? Can someone enlighten me to which ones? I don't want the short shots, but would like the straight shots or another 2-2 set up. I also like the "m" pipe from cycle shack, does anyone run these?

I'm not opposed to getting some slip ons and keeping the stock set up. Does someone know if the mufflers from earlier FXR's fit these bikes, and if so which years fit?

Thanks for the help! Jon

FXR4Jay

• Swamp Dweller
Re: Vance and Hines or other exhaust systems for my FXR3?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 09:09:46 PM »

Subscribed Still on the Fence about what pipes to go with got V&H Shorts on Mine and while not unhappy with them, leaning towards 2:1 Thunderheaders has a Bolt right up set..   Others would take a little work ..
Took me long Enough, but finally got my Dream Bike

JonnyD

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO Deluxe
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 10:07:42 PM »

Subscribed Still on the Fence about what pipes to go with got V&H Shorts on Mine and while not unhappy with them, leaning towards 2:1 Thunderheaders has a Bolt right up set..   Others would take a little work ..
Jay, The staggered exhaust you have pictured on your bike are exactly what I am looking for. If I'm not mistaken those are the straight shots. The short shots are much shorter, I believe. Are those bolted on using the stock mounts, or is there some other bracketry on your bike?

lucille

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 01:06:16 AM »

I'm not opposed to getting some slip ons and keeping the stock set up. Does someone know if the mufflers from earlier FXR's fit these bikes, and if so which years fit?

Jon.....earlier FXR mufflers......front #65747-87, and rear #65657-87.......
note: Evo powered Dynas used the #65747-87 for front and rear mufflers.

Have RBRacing slash cut 'B' pipe.....part #00-1013......2" primary tubes.........on my '91 with the 113".......sounds like a big block Chevy!
Have always liked the Thunderheader....had one years ago.......good mid range 'seat of the pants' feel.....
'92 FXRS Lowrider.....
'91 FXRT.....113 S&S...6 speed

FXR4Jay

• Swamp Dweller
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 08:59:44 AM »

Jay, The staggered exhaust you have pictured on your bike are exactly what I am looking for. If I'm not mistaken those are the straight shots. The short shots are much shorter, I believe. Are those bolted on using the stock mounts, or is there some other bracketry on your bike?

You could be right there Jon Posting the closest pic I have that shows the exhaust but next time break the camera out will get a better shot .. Right now the Exhaust is off as replacing a couple of cables while doing the Handlebars and Brakes  ....

Took me long Enough, but finally got my Dream Bike

fxr3joe

• Full CVO Member
  • Rock N Rollin'
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 03:18:41 PM »

Johnny D,

In case you're still looking...I have Sampson Rip Saws on my bike.  They were installed in 2000 and still look and sound great.  No bluing at all.

Hope this helps..

Joe

JonnyD

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO Deluxe
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 10:16:24 PM »

I said to hell with it, and found a new take-off complete set of stock exhaust/mufflers, and now I'm looking for a good set of slip-on mufflers to make it sound like it does now. Nothing really wrong with my stock exhaust now, except for a few small blemishes on the heat shields, and the S/E mufflers have some wear that drives me crazy. But damn, they do sound good. So I just need to find a comparable pair of mufflers and I'll be good to go. Never hurts to have an extra set of exhaust now, does it ;) '

I had several places tell me they had exhaust that would fit, but I just had a feeling they were wrong. I searched the net for hours looking for exhaust and reading forums about FXR exhaust. Pretty much saw the same answers on all of them......... The options are limited. Stock exhaust sounds great on these EVO motors, so I was good with sticking with the set up and just improving on it.

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 21 queries.