Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: abate saftey class  (Read 862 times)

onebadtk

• DESTINATION UNKNOWN
abate saftey class
« on: February 27, 2011, 06:21:42 PM »

just wondering if anyone knows if all abate classes are the same or if they are state specific i live right on the mich,ind border and not sure if i can take class in ind. because it is the closest one any information would be great thanks :confused5:

SandS RESTOS

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTDSE2 Cobalt Blue/Starlight Black
Re: abate saftey class
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 10:31:55 PM »

Does your local H-D shop offer a Riders Edge course?
Live to Ride, Ride to Live!!

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 11:05:23 PM »

Does your local H-D shop offer a Riders Edge course?
I agree go for the riders edge at your dealer
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Thundering6

• CVO1: 2007 VRSCX #66/1400
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 07:45:26 AM »

When I bought my X last year I had not been on a street bike in many years.I had taken the beginners course way back in 76 when I bought my first big street bike,so I signed up and took the Advanced Riders edge class which was two 6 hours classes/training courses using my newly purchased X.when i first laid eyes on what they wanted me to do with the bike I was worried as I had little or no street time with the newly purchased ride,let alone be confident enough to make some of the tight maneuvering the course required.

However,My concerns were quickly placed to rest as each instructor was very helpful and I made it through the courses without even a scrape of the exhaust.My gals Dyna low Rider and My V-Rod were the biggest rides there as most of the other students were riding small and quick maneuvering sport bikes.I would recommend to anyone to take this course as it was very helpful and informative...Just My .02 worth........Andy

onebadtk

• DESTINATION UNKNOWN
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 05:10:52 PM »

thanks for the input guys.i am going to check into the riders edge class to see if it  is offered in my area.also with a little more research and a few phone calls i found that southern michigan residents are allowed to take the abate course in indiana because there are really none offered in the area.thanks again.ride safe

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 21 queries.