Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 09 SERG Stereo Wiring  (Read 697 times)

Randy C

• Full CVO Member
  • 09 SERG Silver and Titanium Dust

• CVO1: 09 Serg Silver Titanium Dust V&H power header,TT race tuner,Fullsac 2.25 baffles,Windsvest windshield,Mustang seat,Garman 665gps,Riders claw
09 SERG Stereo Wiring
« on: March 03, 2011, 07:41:14 PM »

MOCO told me today that my SERG only has half of the 6a and 6b connector needed to install a Navigation interface module.Has anyone installed one of these on a 09 SERG that only has half of that plug.MOCO told me that the jumper wire in the 6900023 kit is for the speakers .Radio pauses for directions but no voice through speakers.
Growing old isn't for sissys and growing up  isn't an option!

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: 09 SERG Stereo Wiring
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 06:34:27 AM »

Randy you can wire the NIM in to the existing wiring just follow the wiring direction, you do not need both ends of connector 6. Shoot me an email if you want help doing this. It sounds like all you need to do is connect the audio to connector 28.

Jim
Ride It Like You Are Retired

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 06:59:59 PM »

Here are the instructions for using the 69200033 harness:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Media/downloads/Service/isheets/-J05181.pdf

These should assure you that the NIM will work on your bike even though you don't already have the 6A connector on your bike.

With Jim's help, you'll have no problem installing the Zumo and having it work properly.

Carl

Randy C

• Full CVO Member
  • 09 SERG Silver and Titanium Dust

• CVO1: 09 Serg Silver Titanium Dust V&H power header,TT race tuner,Fullsac 2.25 baffles,Windsvest windshield,Mustang seat,Garman 665gps,Riders claw
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 10:24:41 PM »

Thank you both for your help,here's what I finally found out after a week on the phone with HD and on the HD CVO and ZUMO forums; 1 certain bikes only have half of the  6a and 6b connector 2 with the (693000023 ) you only need half 3 The directions for both the NIM and the IPOD Connector kit have the wrong wiring sequence, If you follow the directions for the Nim it will tell you if you don't have a 35 pin connector on your bike you should follow the directions for the Ipod connector harness The problem is even if the Nim directions were revised the Ipod kit wasn't thus the 2 wires don't get switched 4 the speaker switch has to be in the down position.On another note ,yes you do need the y connector to listen to XM MP3 or Gps through the speakers and yes it has to be a HD stamped zumo.Mine works great now.My new 665 zumo is now locking up and I'm waiting for a new one from HD,If it's not one thing it's another.I did notice with all the volumes turned up the xm still has a lower volume than the radio,Any suggestions on xm antenna placement would be appreciated. Thanks again
Growing old isn't for sissys and growing up  isn't an option!

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 25 queries.