Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DragonFly Fairing upgrading Audio  (Read 1145 times)

doa

• FLHRSEI2
DragonFly Fairing upgrading Audio
« on: March 11, 2011, 09:31:43 PM »

I'm hoping someone would have some experience in this one and shed a little guidance.

I picked up the dragonfly fairing over the winter, love the fairing but had a hard time justifying the upgraded speakers and AMP for 750.00 . But as it turns out it's a little hard to hear the radio when you're running around 70 or 80. I picked up a new set of speakers focal polyglass CVX 690 and pulled out the stock Kenwood KFC-6983ps speakers out.  Sounds a little better when pumping the volume,  but am still not sure that will be good enough when running at 80. I don't run straight pipes or anything just something with a little bit more sound than stock. But definitely over the legal limit.

So what your experience with adding a AMP? Would it put me over the top, I'm looking at the ARC mini KS 125 2

I'm not sure if the dragonfly head unit can really push out the power to run the focal speakers. Almost forgot to mention this is the dragonfly head unit the two pieces.

Any help you can offer me would be greatly appreciated

thanks
Mike

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
Re: DragonFly Fairing upgrading Audio
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 09:40:19 PM »

i have the older style d-fly i can use any head unit. just put in a

but havent road tested it yet
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

doa

• FLHRSEI2
Re: DragonFly Fairing upgrading Audio
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 09:51:08 PM »

I would hate to replace the head unit, when hitting 70 to 80 you just could not hear the radio or you would have to turn it up so high that it sounded like Cr**.

I just took out the old speakers today and replaced with the Focal 690. Dragonfly sells the ARC AMP and Focal speakers as a 750 option. Just did not have the money at the time for the upgrade.

I'm just not an Audio guy :)

Mike
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 01:46:23 AM by doa »

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 25 queries.