Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Looking for Great Tuner - New England  (Read 2010 times)

BryantH

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: CVO SERG - Silver 2009
Looking for Great Tuner - New England
« on: March 15, 2011, 12:16:24 PM »

Does anyone know of a great tuner in the Northeast New England area - the closer to Massachusetts the better. I don't think my SERG was tuned to the best it could be from the dealer and I'm now thinking of getting the Vance & Hines Hi Outputs before the season starts here.

My bike is basically stock other than Cat Removed and 2.25 Fulsacs. I'm willing to travel on a full days ride if the tuner is worth it.

Thanks in advance.

BryantH
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 06:35:16 PM by BryantH »

wolfman

• Senior CVO Member
  • serg
Re: Looking for Great Tuner - New England
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 01:57:25 PM »

Seacoast Choppers in N Hampton NH. Ex Harley dealer mechanic that specializes in tuning.
SERT, V&H Power Duels, SE mufflers, Dyno-tuned , Heavy Breather, Corbin Solo , windsplitter windshield , J&M 250w amp/7.25" speakers.

BryantH

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 06:34:08 PM »

Thanks Wolfman.........

I'm familar with the area (not to far from the Bench Plum - Lobster Roll).

GMAN SERGU

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 07:30:58 PM »

Thanks Wolfman.........

I'm familiar with the area (not to far from the Bench Plum - Lobster Roll).

Wolfman, do you recommend seacoast choppers over seacoast Harley for installation of accessories for performance? like pipes, tunes, dyno stage 1 and 2 like cams etc? or just stay with tuning at SC Coppers and do the modes at the dealer. I am picking up my new bike from Seacoast HD next weekend. I was thinking on running 1000 and then do the modes. Do you have experience with both shops? I thank you for your info.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 07:37:03 PM by GMAN SERGU »

Blackdog

• Long Live The King!
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 08:13:53 PM »

BostonboyDH

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 10:49:15 AM »

Bryant give Rob's dyno in Gardner a call, I wood have had my bike done by him but Lew happend to have the HD University Instructor comming to retrain Tony with the newer dyno equipment and asked if I would be interested in using my bike as a test dummy!!! free Dyno Time!! Just had to buy tuner from them 15% off list. I am satisfied with the tune, I do have Cycle Shack Baffles in the OEM Muffler body's and he will re tune for free with any new performances changes.  Rob just built a new Dyno room at his house so no more taking your bike to a rented bus facility where he can tune without bothering his neighbours, He will also tune it at one of the Perewitz bike nights in Bridgewater but he will want you there early in the afternoon because he only does shootouts during the evening events, I have had a couple of friends that have had their HD's tuned by him and are happy with his skills. I do plan on spending some time with Rob just to check my tune against what Tony did @ Paramount Rob guarantees his tune for one year. There is one other I would trust in RI, Johnson Engine Technology Bob Johnson worked his magic on my 2003 RG. Andrews 37G gear drive cams, massaged the heads custom pushrods fueling camplate and oil pump plus tune, I never had a motor run as smooth and powerful as the one he built!! As soon as my warranty runs out I will let Bob Johnson work his magic on my 110 with out a doubt!!!  They rent their services out  trackside at Sportster races inn the area Give them both a call and talk to them !!     
                             "DH"

Buckeye_Tuning

• Mister Dick
  • Banned
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 02:51:13 PM »

BigBoyz in Agusta Maine is THE place to go for a good tune.  No questions asked!!!
Never Ever Forget; Never Ever Forgive

BryantH

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 07:17:08 AM »

Thanks for the additional suggestions - Blackdog, DH and Wurk-truk.

DH, when I decide, I'll give you a call.

Much appreciated.

BryantH

BostonboyDH

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 09:26:38 AM »

Looking forward to hearing from you, Do give me a call so we can talk more in detail!!!!!!!!  "DH"

wolfman

• Senior CVO Member
  • serg
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 10:37:53 AM »

I would use Seacoast Choppers for everything. He's a stand up guy. I get a lot of gift certificates for the dealer up here so I tend to use the dealer when its free. But when my money is paying I go to him. I know one of the Harley mechanics up here and even he says go to Seacoast Choppers for performance things.
SERT, V&H Power Duels, SE mufflers, Dyno-tuned , Heavy Breather, Corbin Solo , windsplitter windshield , J&M 250w amp/7.25" speakers.

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 25 queries.