Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: fullsac x-pipe install  (Read 8491 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: fullsac x-pipe install
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2011, 02:25:14 PM »

I tried getting mine out with the Dremel and various bits.  I spent a couple hours on one pipe and got it pretty much ground down but nearly went through the pipe.  I couldn't get the old baffle out and was afraid to grind further or pound the baffle harder.  I ended up sending them to Fullsac and they finished the job.  I wish I did that from the start.  I think it's mainly the tool as I'm generally pretty handy at stuff like that.   My bits were not really long enough to grind squarely and I was trying to be very cautious.  I know many have done it successfully themselves but I'd recommend sending it out as it's cheap enough and they have a quick turn-around.

Good idea....the last thing I want to do is screw up my stock cans.  They could probably do them and have them back by the time I got ready to slip them back on.  :2vrolijk_21:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2011, 03:11:01 PM »

Good idea....the last thing I want to do is screw up my stock cans.  They could probably do them and have them back by the time I got ready to slip them back on.  :2vrolijk_21:

They got mine on Monday and they shipped out on Tuesday......The shipping time was longer than the work!

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2011, 07:45:40 PM »

Rob...I'm debating over the 1.75 or the 2.0 cores from Fullsac, along with the X pipe and TTS.  Of the two cores, which do you prefer with regards to performance and sound?  I do not want my ears ringing after 300 miles...I wear full face Nolan helmet.  Had Rinehart TD's on my '06 and though they sounded nice, they were just too loud by the end of a long day.

I have been told by two knowledgable sources that the 2" cores give the best performance, and are not "that" loud.

I would go with what you think may work best for you. For me, I ran the 2" for 4000 miles. They have a decent sound but a little "whispy". I recently switched to the 1-3/4" and love the sound and performance wih the new MAP.

When I bought my X-pipe, I also purchased both the 2" and 1-3/4" baffles just so I could try them both. As I said, I stared with the 2's and thought they were the best for me until I tried the others. The 2's are definitely not too loud and the 1-3/4's are a tad quieter, but the pop and back pressure I get with the smaller baffles far outweighs the tiny  bit of sound you lose.

If I  were you I would try them both as I did and then sell the ones you don't want to run. What's another $45 bucks when your already in over 35k??  :drink:

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2011, 08:04:43 PM »

I would go with what you think may work best for you. For me, I ran the 2" for 4000 miles. They have a decent sound but a little "whispy". I recently switched to the 1-3/4" and love the sound and performance wih the new MAP.

When I bought my X-pipe, I also purchased both the 2" and 1-3/4" baffles just so I could try them both. As I said, I stared with the 2's and thought they were the best for me until I tried the others. The 2's are definitely not too loud and the 1-3/4's are a tad quieter, but the pop and back pressure I get with the smaller baffles far outweighs the tiny  bit of sound you lose.

If I  were you I would try them both as I did and then sell the ones you don't want to run. What's another $45 bucks when your already in over 35k??  :drink:

Agreed!

jls1098

« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2011, 08:32:21 PM »

Harbor Freight has a five pack of small diamond cutting wheels. 3 or 4 bucks. Even comes with its own arbor. They cut great,I used one on each pipe. easily ground off the welds and not much else. I was freakin' to about grinding them out. I give you the "If I can do it, anyone can".

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2011, 08:41:59 PM »

Agreed!

Only $45??  Is there something on this bike less than $45 other than the drain plug washers??

hogsty

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2011, 12:31:54 AM »

Only $45??  Is there something on this bike less than $45 other than the drain plug washers??

Hey, $45 buys a lot of fairing screws!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 21 queries.