Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Breast Cancer, I need your help...  (Read 681 times)

Tillerman1664

• Junior CVO Member
  • IAFF-MG 4th District, IAFF Local 1664

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Scarlet Red Pearl/Dark Slate
    • Check out my breast cancer site for my 3 sisters.
Dealing with me is like playing Stratego with Charlie Manson...six out of seven moves you think 'boy that guy's on his game' and then there's the one time he flips out and shoves the dice up his ass.
Check out my breast cancer site for my 3 sisters!

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
Re: Breast Cancer, I need your help...
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 10:02:00 AM »

Very nice tribute and vid ... great cause!!! Touches many of us in one way or another. Thanks for posting!!

Envithyx

• Senior CVO Member
  • "Summer Rain" 07/24/1963 - 07/07/2010

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 - Cherry Red w/ Flames and Glass Eyed Skulls
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHTK - Cherry Red Sunglo / Merlot Sunglo w/ Flamin' Eagle Theme
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 12:36:44 PM »

Very nice tribute and vid ... great cause!!! Touches many of us in one way or another. Thanks for posting!!

X2
2009 FXSTSSE3
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Chubby Drag Bars/V&H 2-1 Big Radius/ThunderMax

2011 FLHTK
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Bagger Bars
V&H Duals w/ M. Ovals, Ness AC, PC-V Auto Tune and SEPST Base Tune
V&H ThrottlePak
SE Pro Stage III - 10.5:1, SE259E
HD Mirrors w/ LED Aux Running
HD LED Lighting: 7" w/ Bezel Trim, 4" Aux, Turn Sigs (Smk Frnt, Red Rear), Tail Light (Chrome), Fenders (Smk Frnt, Red Rear w/Brake)
Zumo 665 - Fairing Mnt - NIM
Boom Audio Spks, Amp, Bass Booster
Chromed Out

Tillerman1664

• Junior CVO Member
  • IAFF-MG 4th District, IAFF Local 1664

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Scarlet Red Pearl/Dark Slate
    • Check out my breast cancer site for my 3 sisters.
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 03:56:24 PM »

The FOR THREE SISTERS Story:

The story starts with me, Marshall Moneymaker and my amazingly beautiful and supportive wife, Shannon. The short story is we lost 3 sisters to breast cancer, but that doesn't even begin to touch the surface of this story. Although our team is named FOR THREE SISTERS, we as a team, celebrate, support, and fight for every person who has won the battle, lost the fight, is still fighting, or still has to face the war of that is breast cancer.

The story started when my oldest sister, Vicky was diagnosed with breast cancer. She lost her battle on February 5, 2008 at 60 years young. Shortly after her diagnosis, she convinced the youngest of the three, Valessa, to be checked. She was also diagnosed with breast cancer, and fought a good fight. She lost her battle after her cancer metastasized to her liver, bones, brain, lungs, and stomach. Needless to say, it was not an easy death, but she fought valiantly right up to the end. Her suffering ended on September 17, 2010. She was only 54 years old.

Vicky and Valessa convinced my sister, Penny to get checked, and she was also diagnosed with breast cancer. Penny lived with us while she battled and won. Despite my protests, she moved into her own place so she could put her life back together again. She was happy for the first time in a long time when the cancer returned with a vengeance. It was stage IV this time and had metastasized in her lungs, brain, liver and bones. Penny moved back in with us, so we could surround her with love and support. Like my other two sisters, her death was not an easy one. She died on June 9, 2010 at 57 years old.

I am a fire fighter and have been called brave and courageous many times, but my sisters taught me the true meaning of those words. They each fought valiantly, bravely, courageously, and with dignity. Cancer may have cut their lives short, but they each died on their own terms.

We lost Penny and Valessa 3 months apart in 2010. With Shannon's invaluable love and support, I was trying to figure out the loss and how I was supposed to "heal." The most unbelievable thing happened just a few short weeks after Valessa's death; the Susan G. Komen 3 Day for the Cure rolled not only into town but right into my fire station's parking lot and into my life! These marvelous people put a smile on my face, and a passion in my heart. Within a matter of minutes, they had me hooked and I had found a purpose and a direction. I met some of the most crazy and incredible characters, and as a result forged some lifelong friendships.

The team For 3 Sisters honors my sisters, but each of us on the team is participating for for different reasons.

Join us on an amazing journey in the fight to end breast cancer! The Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure® is a 60-mile walk over the course of three days. Net proceeds from the 3-Day for the Cure are invested in breast cancer research and community programs.

Please help me. I am still in need of donations for two of my walks. You can go to the links below to donate. Also, please pass the links to everyone you know and who is in your email adress book.

Thanks, Marshall

Boston Walk

http://www.the3day.org/site/TR/2011/BostonEvent2011?px=5604857&pg=personal&fr_id=1590

Philadelphia Walk

http://www.the3day.org/site/TR/2011/PhiladelphiaEvent2011?px=5604857&pg=personal&fr_id=1624
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 04:00:15 PM by Tillerman1664 »
Dealing with me is like playing Stratego with Charlie Manson...six out of seven moves you think 'boy that guy's on his game' and then there's the one time he flips out and shoves the dice up his ass.
Check out my breast cancer site for my 3 sisters!

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 21 queries.