Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2011 Street Glide Tour Pak Lighting  (Read 2128 times)

Canman

2011 Street Glide Tour Pak Lighting
« on: April 22, 2011, 11:52:39 AM »

So I went back on the previous posts and noticed no-one really talking about the tour pak lighting. When I bought the bike two days ago, I was leaving town and did not spent any time talking to the dealer about my tour pak which is coming later. Am I going to be happy with the lighting. On my previous 06 Ultra with the leather pak I had to add lights to increase my visible presence on the road. Do I have a choice as to what I will get. Does it come with lighting and or can it be added with minimal trouble.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
Re: 2011 Street Glide Tour Pak Lighting
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 12:00:53 PM »

So I went back on the previous posts and noticed no-one really talking about the tour pak lighting. When I bought the bike two days ago, I was leaving town and did not spent any time talking to the dealer about my tour pak which is coming later. Am I going to be happy with the lighting. On my previous 06 Ultra with the leather pak I had to add lights to increase my visible presence on the road. Do I have a choice as to what I will get. Does it come with lighting and or can it be added with minimal trouble.

It comes without any lighting. I added the Tour Pak Side Marker Light Kit – Smoked p/n 54352-09, Air Wing Tour-Pak® Luggage Rack - Gloss Black p/n 53000063 with Air Wing Luggage Rack LED Light Kit p/n 68271-10. Minimal trouble is a good description. Sorry, I don't have a good pic or one with the lights on. These are all I have.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 12:01:50 PM »

#

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 01:57:58 PM »

Perhaps another way to go would be to install one of those bright aftermarket tail light/brake light assemblies. The more stuff that you have to plug in, the harder the on/off wiring harness mods are.

It might also be worth browsing the threads on detaching tourpaks on the Ultra forum.

HD Kid

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: Scarlet Red & Charcoal Slate VRSCSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO2: Kryptonite FLHXSE2
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 12:11:52 AM »

As Black Diamond said before, it doesnt have any lights at all.  I installed the same side marker lights, and am getting ready to add the same luggage rack and light.  Im also adding the LED turn/brake/ tail lamp kit along the back, like the cvo ultras and road glide ultras have. I will follow up with pics as soon as its done.   The latest kit is made bigger than whats on the cvo bikes to fill the holes left behind from the incandescent lighting setup that comes stock on non cvo ultras.  I dont have the part number for the kit i have in front of me at the moment, but i do know its not the same as whats in the latest P&A catalog. Bad part is that the kit i have is discontinued and the only way to get the setup that comes on the cvos is to find a kit a dealer has sitting left in their stock or do a parts breakdown from an ultra which is way high.

Matt

ruiner73

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 12:36:51 AM »

It comes without any lighting. I added the Tour Pak Side Marker Light Kit – Smoked p/n 54352-09, Air Wing Tour-Pak® Luggage Rack - Gloss Black p/n 53000063 with Air Wing Luggage Rack LED Light Kit p/n 68271-10. Minimal trouble is a good description. Sorry, I don't have a good pic or one with the lights on. These are all I have.

I've got a quick question, is there a special harness needed to connect the lights in the tourpack to the bike? Just starting to look into ordering a tour pack & trying to get some idea of what exactly I will be getting into if I want to add the extras lights like you have.
Thanks
2011 CVO Streetglide, 124" Axtell, D&D exhaust, T-Man Cams, Baisley heads, 30T pulley & TTS tuner, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Alpine w/Hawg-Wired & Focals

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.