Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Has anyone tried a Corbin RK seat on an SEEG?  (Read 1415 times)

Tbone

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO3: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
Has anyone tried a Corbin RK seat on an SEEG?
« on: May 03, 2006, 08:59:10 AM »

Hey guys,
I found a deal on a Corbin RK seat and wondered if anyone has tried one on a SEEG?  I'm still trying to decide between the Classic Solo and the Stinger.
Thanks for any info you can pass along,
Bob
2014 FLHTKSE Stardust Silver/Autumn Sunset
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary
2009 FLTRSE3 Orange/Black
2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anniversary
2003 FLHRCI Silver/Black

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Has anyone tried a Corbin RK seat on an SEEG?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 10:03:24 AM »

I've read it here, somewhere.  Can't remember who but I know I read it.  Before Corbin borrowed my SEEG for a week to make the seat pan mold these guys with the early 04 SEEGs were using Road King seats cause that was the only thing that came close to fitting.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

WaSEEG

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 10:32:08 AM »

I tried my Corbin Solo from my Road King on the SEEG before I bought the SEEG Corbin Solo.  I didn't like the way it fitted.  It didn't sit right and the nose is straight rather than curved.  I actually referred using the Mustang fro my RKC until I had a SEEG Corbin made.

Dan
'05 SEEG
PC III usb
SE Air Filter
Freedom Pipes
Freedom Cam
SE 6-speed
VPC
Wild -1 575's
Garmin Zumo 660
Traxxion AK-20's
300mm Bitubo's

'06 Tiara S/4300

Tbone

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 04:44:17 PM »

Thanks for the information guys, as anal as I am, it sounds like I'd better stick with the seat made for the SEEG.  For the 80 or 90 dollars I'd save it probably wouldn't be worth the hassle.
2003 FLHRCI Silver/Black

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 01:16:36 AM »

Thanks for the information guys, as anal as I am, it sounds like I'd better stick with the seat made for the SEEG.  For the 80 or 90 dollars I'd save it probably wouldn't be worth the hassle.

You don't have to pay any extra and you can have the entire Corbin product line available now.  Corbin never put 2 and 2 together to realize the Street Glide has the same dash as the SEEGs.  The shape of the dash is what accounts for the difference in the seats.  They now have their entire product line available for the FLHX.  So just order for a Street Glide and choose whatever seat you want.

Tbone

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 04:25:32 AM »

Cool, thanks Twolane!
2003 FLHRCI Silver/Black

WaSEEG

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 10:25:34 AM »

You don't have to pay any extra and you can have the entire Corbin product line available now.  Corbin never put 2 and 2 together to realize the Street Glide has the same dash as the SEEGs.  The shape of the dash is what accounts for the difference in the seats.  They now have their entire product line available for the FLHX.  [highlight]So just order for a Street Glide and choose whatever seat you want.[/highlight]

Keep in mind that the FLHX seat mounts differently than the SEEG seat, at least the Solos do.  The locking mounting tab is in the front of the seat not the rear as it is on the SEEG.  Also, the FLHX has the wiring at the rear end of the tank enclosed in a square plastic conduit (I believe all FLH '06's have this upgrade) and this also affects how it is mounted.  I ordered a solo for my wifes FLHX and got the seat on and couldn't get it off.  When I went to Reno to get her pipes installed and her bike dynoed we took a quick trip over to the Corbin factory.  They had to custom fabricate a bracket for her bike.  I believe now that the FLHX's Corbins come with an adjustable bracket.  Finally, if you have saddlebag guards installed the Corbin FLHX seat will not fit as the seat base is not recessed for the mounting hardware.  I had them on her FLHX but had to remove them to get the Corbin on.

Dan
'05 SEEG
PC III usb
SE Air Filter
Freedom Pipes
Freedom Cam
SE 6-speed
VPC
Wild -1 575's
Garmin Zumo 660
Traxxion AK-20's
300mm Bitubo's

'06 Tiara S/4300

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2006, 02:43:18 PM »

Keep in mind that the FLHX seat mounts differently than the SEEG seat, at least the Solos do.  The locking mounting tab is in the front of the seat not the rear as it is on the SEEG.  Also, the FLHX has the wiring at the rear end of the tank enclosed in a square plastic conduit (I believe all FLH '06's have this upgrade) and this also affects how it is mounted.  I ordered a solo for my wifes FLHX and got the seat on and couldn't get it off.  When I went to Reno to get her pipes installed and her bike dynoed we took a quick trip over to the Corbin factory.  They had to custom fabricate a bracket for her bike.  I believe now that the FLHX's Corbins come with an adjustable bracket.  Finally, if you have saddlebag guards installed the Corbin FLHX seat will not fit as the seat base is not recessed for the mounting hardware.  I had them on her FLHX but had to remove them to get the Corbin on.

Dan

Man, nothing is ever easy.  We had to "adjust" the seat on the SEEG specific models to clear rear crash bars if they'd been added to.  I've got one riding buddy who only very recently got an FLHX seat for his 04 SEEG and didn't have the isues up front though.  So didn't know about that one.  Sorry 'bout that.

Tbone

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2006, 03:52:12 AM »

That's what's great about posting questions on the site, we learn from other's experiences.  It looks like the best gameplan is to buy a seat specifically for the SEEG, then there shouldn't be any worries or hassles.
2003 FLHRCI Silver/Black

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2006, 12:54:25 PM »

Never know when I might decide to retire Elvis to around town and buy a real EG. As such, I was wondering why I have read several threads on seat fit on SEEGs

What's the issue.

What is different from a EG that you can't just order an EG seat ? I'm not talking an EGUC just a regular EG  

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2006, 01:07:07 PM »

Never know when I might decide to retire Elvis to around town and buy a real EG. As such, I was wondering why I have read several threads on seat fit on SEEGs

What's the issue.

[highlight]What is different from a EG that you can't just order an EG seat [/highlight]? I'm not talking an EGUC just a regular EG  
Big B,

The SEEGS have the longer fancy dancy "dash" on the tank, rather than the stock length part on the regular E-Glide.  Therefore the seat for an E-Glide wouldn't fit properly to the dash.  Normally, a RK seat will fit.

Jerry
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 01:10:35 PM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

jvc58dke

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2006, 07:17:54 PM »

I have a Corbin Solo for a Road King with the Touring Pillion on my 04 SEEG.  It was a tight fit but it looks pretty good.  Biggest challenge is the touring pillion doesn't fit with the detachable tour pack hardware.  So I'm still thinking on a solution for that one.

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2006, 12:06:12 AM »

Not to confuse the issue but.......a buddy just bought a "Street Glide" and we swapped over a lot of parts from his old bike "a Road King Classic" including his Corbin Dual Tourer Seat and it fit perfectly. Looks good too except it has a much higher profile then the stock Street Glide seat. Oh well....... :-/

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 21 queries.