Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Help! My low fuel light comes on with 1/2 tank left????????  (Read 2742 times)

nuckelhead

• Full CVO Member
  • if it ain't broke... take it off and chrome it!!!!

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 KRYPTONITE / BLACK DIAMOND
Re: Help! My low fuel light comes on with 1/2 tank left????????
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2011, 07:09:19 PM »

the gauge on the wife's bike never has worked correctly trying to get her to use the trip meter I don't trust the gauge....

same thing here.  been using the tripmeter instead of guage.  i keep up with fuel miles on "B", use "A" for regular trip use.  mine has been suspect since day one.  sometimes the light comes on and i've got a half of a tank, and sometimes it comes on and when i take the fuel cap off i can the damn backbone of the bike and the white float sitting on top of it.
everything i own has been stolen and then replaced with exact replicas....

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Help! My low fuel light comes on with 1/2 tank left????????
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2011, 08:42:01 PM »

If the gauge doesn't work, or works intermittently, or doesn't meet industry standards for accuracy, then contact your dealer and the MoCo and make them fix it.  You paid for the POS, it should work.  And just going by the trip meter when you paid for a gauge and a low fuel light and a miles to empty feature is a lame solution.  This is why Harley doesn't fix their poor quality, the customers let them off the hook.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 25 queries.