Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: hog tunes  (Read 1000 times)

toddm

• FLHRSEI.ORG
hog tunes
« on: May 04, 2006, 10:07:56 PM »

hello all i replaced my stock speakers on my pumpkin with hogtunes just recently the right speaker is crackling at high volume i had these hogtunes for about 2 months never had a problem in the begining plays fine at a lower volume does not crackle with the radio or sattalite only the cd do you think this is a speaker problem or a radio problem any suggestions theleft speaker is fine thanks all.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: hog tunes
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 10:14:45 PM »

One simple thing to double check is that many who used them had a small problem with the one of the terminal connectors on the bike's speaker harness being too wide for the terminal on the speakers.  All it needed was a bit of extra crimp before you pushed it on the speaker's terminal.  But if you didn't happen to catch you'd get some cracking in the speakers as the wire terminal moved around on the speaker terminal.

If it's a speaker problem, or even if you think it might be, call Pez (he's the HogTunes supplier).  Anybody who ever had any kind of issue with the product never had any kind of issue with Pez making them right and doing so immediately.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 10:15:14 PM by twolanerider »

toddm

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 10:19:03 PM »

thanks twolane rider ill check the connections just on the right side and only when i play the cd thank you for your input.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 12:16:59 AM »

Another thing to do would be to swap the two speakers. If the problem follows with the speaker than it is the speaker. If not than it could be the connection or the head unit.

toddm

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 07:19:18 PM »

hey guys just wanted to say thanks for all your help it turns out its the speaker switched them and no problem with the other speaker ill call pez im sure hell do the right thing he great to deal with take care todd

bigdog257

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2006, 02:09:48 PM »

Todd you mention satelite radio. Do you have it on the bike and do the Hogtunes allow you to crank it higher than normal. I noticed on my Ultra that the volume is lower when I have Sirius on.

Thanks for the info.

toddm

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2006, 08:09:44 PM »

hey big dog i agree also the satalite is definitly lower than the cd or reagular radio

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 25 queries.