Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Built-in GPS Updates  (Read 1290 times)

LaddMan

Built-in GPS Updates
« on: June 14, 2011, 05:26:35 PM »

There are a lot of us who have been abandon by the Harley when it comes to our built in GPS systems and the lack of map up dates! We are their premium customers, we purchased their best of the best available from the motor company at the time and I for one don't think they recognize that most of us were repeat customers when we purchased our CVO's and might be again if treated right. None of us were consulted about what system to use back then or what system to support going foreword. I call Quality & Customer Service (800-258-2464) and let them in a polite fashion how disappointed I am that up dates are not available and that I do not appreciate their lack of support for their premium product and customers. I encourage all of you who have the older GPS system to call and do the same, maybe they will get the hint.

rl48off

Re: Built-in GPS Updates
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 05:46:41 PM »

You know and I know they only want our money period. Do I need to say anymore. I'm going to have to make new friends because I'm not buying another Harley

GMAN SERGU

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 11:26:31 PM »

There are a lot of us who have been abandon by the Harley when it comes to our built in GPS systems and the lack of map up dates! We are their premium customers, we purchased their best of the best available from the motor company at the time and I for one don't think they recognize that most of us were repeat customers when we purchased our CVO's and might be again if treated right. None of us were consulted about what system to use back then or what system to support going foreword. I call Quality & Customer Service (800-258-2464) and let them in a polite fashion how disappointed I am that up dates are not available and that I do not appreciate their lack of support for their premium product and customers. I encourage all of you who have the older GPS system to call and do the same, maybe they will get the hint.
The best way is to find out who made you GPS and you can download updates direct. HD It is not in the business of producing GPS units. BMW also has a GPS with company name so is Victory and others. I get my update through Garmin and they support their units well. My HD and BMW GPS are made by Garmin, check it out.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 12:14:13 AM »

The best way is to find out who made you GPS and you can download updates direct. HD It is not in the business of producing GPS units. BMW also has a GPS with company name so is Victory and others. I get my update through Garmin and they support their units well. My HD and BMW GPS are made by Garmin, check it out.

Was reported a year ago that Harman Kardon was, by their own admission, not continuing to support the GPS units.  Harley was their customer; not the end users.  When Harley discontinued both using the unit and supporting it the OE isn't going to support it to end users on its own dime.  Link cites an exchange with Harman:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=50737.msg744741#msg744741

GMAN SERGU

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 03:38:05 AM »

Was reported a year ago that Harman Kardon was, by their own admission, not continuing to support the GPS units.  Harley was their customer; not the end users.  When Harley discontinued both using the unit and supporting it the OE isn't going to support it to end users on its own dime.  Link cites an exchange with Harman:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=50737.msg744741#msg744741
The only GPS, that I know, Victory carry was Garmin unit, this first suggestion sounds like a good way to go. I wasn't thinking about the HK unit, that is a tough one, I agree with everyone calling and posting response, more for the late models. I like my CVO but the lack of support will be considered for next purchase.  :-\
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 03:44:08 AM by GMAN SERGU »

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 08:38:35 AM »

I'd buy a replacement Garmin before I'd spend $200 on update CDs.  I have the 07, 1st year of the GPS.  It knows where the interstates are and all of the major state roads.  I don't need it to tell me if the local Pizza Hut is still there or if the subdivision I'm passing is less than 5 years old.  How many of us bought new road maps every year before we used a GPS?
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 09:09:38 AM »

How many of us bought new road maps every year before we used a GPS?

I guess this shows my age but I remember getting a free map with a fillup at local Texaco stations back when they checked your oil and cleaned your windshield too. My dad would make sure we got a new map each year... :huepfenlol2:

The $200 for a CD  mapping disc is crazy, same price GM wants for their discs on their in dash GPSs. They need to change things.

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 25 queries.