Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Have 2 questions regarding my 10 Tequila Sunrise  (Read 2003 times)

Snowrdr

• Junior CVO Member
Have 2 questions regarding my 10 Tequila Sunrise
« on: July 17, 2011, 12:26:24 AM »

So I have been pondering doing a color matched inner fairing and does anyone here have any insight on how this can happen? Do I contact my dealer?

Also I know there has been some lengthy discussions here regarding the seat gap issue and well let's just say my gap has now become permanent and I have the "button repair" kit coming into my dealer and since I have not been on the site in quite sometime, does anyone have any further recommendations? Have 9k miles on it and frankly I do like the comfort of the stock seat.

Sorry to beat a dead horse on the seat issue, I just would like to hear what others have been able to work out amongst themselves and Harley.

Thank you for your input!

bjizel

• Full CVO Member
Re: Have 2 questions regarding my 10 Tequila Sunrise
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 12:46:26 AM »

In regards to your seat , if it's the original seat I doubt that the bumper kit will help. There's a replacement 2010 model seat that's just a bit better but if I were you I would negotiate on a 2011 CVO SG seat for replacement, there's at least one person here that has done so and is happy with the out come.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 03:59:46 AM by bjizel »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 01:06:36 AM »

In regards to painting your inner fairing....talking to your local dealership isn't going to help much.  You need a good painter in your area or use one of the painters listed in the vendor discounts board.  You'll probably need to send them one of your side covers to match it to.

As for your seat, you can do a search.....there's plenty posted on that already. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 07:57:57 AM »

My bumper kit solved about 75% over the last year. Like others have stated, go for the 2011 seat!
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'

Snowrdr

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 10:19:06 AM »

Thanks everyone for your help.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 11:01:02 AM »

You could still talk to your local dealer about the Color Shop painted inner fairing and cap kits.  They don't list your particular color in the catalog, but that doesn't necessarily mean Harley wouldn't do it; the dealer can call and ask.  If you don't ask, you'll never know.  Of course, it won't come cheap.  Even the standard colors are about $550.

The advantage of a Color Shop solution over a local painter is fairly obvious; hardly any downtime compared to removing the existing part, taking it to a custom painter, waiting for the custom painter to schedule it and do the matching, then the actual painting, then the reassembly.  Those of us who have to park our bikes for the winter can do this sort of thing during normal downtime, but those fortunate enough to have year around riding weather might want a quicker solution.  Just a thought.

Just another thought, if you have to go the custom painter route you might look for a used inner fairing that you could pick up cheap and send to the custom painter.  That way you minimize the downtime.  This would be a good time to also think about which kind of mirrors you want to use, the fairing mounted mirrors or the bar mounted mirrors. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 04:38:25 PM »

So I have been pondering doing a color matched inner fairing and does anyone here have any insight on how this can happen? Do I contact my dealer?

Contact Gunslinger Cusotm paint.....http://www.gcpaint.com/Default.asp

They did my inner fairing on my '10 SESG and it came out perfect. They can even supply the fairing for you.

Snowrdr

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 11:01:40 PM »

Thank you for the paint tips! That's some great advice and I will be looking at the above carefully!  :2vrolijk_21:

jacksglide

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 11:51:55 AM »

I purchased a 2011 seat, best buy I have ever made. Problems solved and it looks better any way. :drink: :drink: :drink:

sherrmann4

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Tequila Sunrise
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 09:05:21 PM »

If you trust your dealer I might start there.  The dealer here has an outside painter they use for any custom painting; not sure how others handle special requests if they handle them at all. 

It was right around $700 for me.  But made all the difference in the look of the bike; in my opinion of course.  Here's how mine turned out.  Very happy and get lots of compliments.  Happy enough I had a tour pak painted rather than purchase from the catalog.

Snowrdr

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2011, 01:01:38 AM »

Wow thank you for the photo!!!  :2vrolijk_21:that looks outstanding. It really helps to see that and I can't thank you enough for sharing! Making calls to get it done.

Invisible68

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 12:10:29 AM »

Wow thank you for the photo!!!  :2vrolijk_21:that looks outstanding. It really helps to see that and I can't thank you enough for sharing! Making calls to get it done.

tequilla sunrise is a custom color for 2012... they might have an inner fairing available from the factory in that color for you....

Invisible68

JohnnyRock

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2011, 02:49:00 PM »

If you trust your dealer I might start there.  The dealer here has an outside painter they use for any custom painting; not sure how others handle special requests if they handle them at all. 

It was right around $700 for me.  But made all the difference in the look of the bike; in my opinion of course.  Here's how mine turned out.  Very happy and get lots of compliments.  Happy enough I had a tour pak painted rather than purchase from the catalog.

What windshield bag is that?
FLHXSE/2
SERT
V&H Dresser Duals
CFR Slip-ons

Page created in 0.226 seconds with 25 queries.