Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: More Chrome Problems  (Read 1205 times)

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
  • HD gets too much of my money
More Chrome Problems
« on: October 07, 2004, 11:05:09 AM »

I thought I made it without any chrome problems. Last night I found some peeling on my front wheel.
I was looking for the post that had the survey and other information and can not find it. I found some info on the General CVO thread.

I have a couple of questions.
1) Can you guys tell me what else besides wheels and floorboards have had bad chrome ?
2) Has anyone asked the dealer if they could replace the wheels with something besides the Detenator that comes on the bike ?

Dr. Evil

• The Great Pumpkin
  • Elite CVO Member
  • BooFrickityHoo.

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Pumpkin
Re: More Chrome Problems
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2004, 11:09:21 AM »

My grips have already been replaced... as most of the chrome rubbed off (became gold in color by 2000 miles) already.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2004, 11:49:17 AM »

Kingsalmon, here's a link to the thread with poll and other comments: http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=eg_gen;action=display;num=1081299391

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2004, 04:54:08 PM »

Has anyone noticed if there seems to be a production date by which this problem tapered off or ceased?  Without looking back over all the threads and notes on this I'm not sure I remember reading of someone's 05 with peeling problems.  Just wondered if anyone had compared delivery dates to the onset or ending of the problems.

103Eagle

• Full CVO Member
  • Always Lookin fer sumtin but dunno what!
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2004, 05:57:54 PM »

Good Point 2 lane rider.  Would be very interesting if we could find this info out.  I do know that my 04 detonator wheels that peeled were replaced with a superseeded part number that was on backorder in May.  I was told the chrome problems resulted in the new part number.  Not sure if the chrome process was changed, the supplier or what.  Both wheels were finally replaced in June 04.  The floorboards on mine were, and still are fine chromewise.  The 05 models have different wheels, gee wonder why?  he he.  My bike was built 12-03.   Keep postin!
[smiley=beerchug.gif]
2004 FLHTCSE, HD Race Tuner, D-D Performance Fat Cat Exhaust, Ghost Pipe, SE High Flow Air Cleaner, Detachable King Tour Pak, RCA Lyra MP3 player and some chrome goodies! 2009 Street Glide

Loose_Goose

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2004, 08:05:40 PM »

I picked up my bike on April 3rd.  The dealer said they had it for about a week.  I haven't noticed any peeling anywhere.  I wonder if mine was one of the last ones made?
12" HD 440s, Freedom pipes, Powercommander, detachable king tourpack, Fastaire 8" windshield, custom made Corbin heated seat and Hogtunes!

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 25 queries.