Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Speaker switch  (Read 5387 times)

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
Speaker switch
« on: August 31, 2011, 06:38:45 PM »

How do I get at the speaker rocker switch? Looks like two screws but I would have to remove the ignition switch. Not sure how to get that off.
Bill

bluegoose

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Ultra - Riptide Blue
Re: Speaker switch
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 07:08:12 PM »

Here you go.  You do not need the special tool.  If you do not turn the switch when you take it out it will go right back in.  If you do move something you can use a flat blade screwdriver to get things lined back up.  I believe there was a you tube video where someone made a tool out of flatten copper tubing.  First time you take it off it is a kind of a pain especially if you get the switch out of sync - just like anything else it is easier the next time.

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 10:19:06 PM »

How do I get at the speaker rocker switch? Looks like two screws but I would have to remove the ignition switch. Not sure how to get that off.

Relatively easy job. First remove the 2 screws on each side of the switch fairing cover (you should take the screws off before next step because it'll be difficult to access the left screw later). Then follow this video to remove the ignition switch. Once the ignition switch is off, take an anjustable wrench and remove the lock nut on the top of the ignition post. Remove the piece below the nut. Then slide the switch fairing cover towards the tank and slide it up off the post. On a recent model CVO there will be 2 plugs on the right side that will allow you to unplug the cover with all the switches intact so you can take it to your shop for whatever work you need to do.

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 11:42:54 PM »

Great video link Heatwave!

Page created in 0.246 seconds with 21 queries.