Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Alarm problem  (Read 1369 times)

n7543g

• Full CVO Member
Alarm problem
« on: August 25, 2011, 01:06:09 PM »

Hi all,

2009 Rgse. The alarm would go off with fob in my pocket when getting on and then it would be ok. Now it won't start without using the number code.

Changed bat in fobs, did not help. Went to dealer, no codes so they reprogrammed fobs to alarm. Helped some, but went backto not working. They think may be antenna on alarm. I don't want to throw parts at it. Any ideas?

Thank you,

Mark

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Alarm problem
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 07:34:26 AM »

Do both of your fobs have the same problem, one better than the other?  See if they will either program a new fob to your alarm, or your fob to another alarm; that should narrow the source of the problem down.
2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.

RON HALL

• 2008 SCREAMING EAGLE ROAD KING

• CVO1: FLHRSE4, D&D FAT CAT,SUPER TUNER, HEAVY BREATHER 101 HP & 118 FT LBS TORQUE, PROGRESSIVE 940 REAR SHOCKS
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 02:15:33 PM »

Had the same problem with my FLHRSE4. I found out that the FOB batteries have to be the exact # that Harley puts in them. They make about 3 or 4 batteries that size, but it has to be the # you had when new.

n7543g

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 02:34:03 PM »

Ron, were your batteries low? I got rid of my org. Batteries. I will check thjs out.

Thank you.

RON HALL

• 2008 SCREAMING EAGLE ROAD KING

• CVO1: FLHRSE4, D&D FAT CAT,SUPER TUNER, HEAVY BREATHER 101 HP & 118 FT LBS TORQUE, PROGRESSIVE 940 REAR SHOCKS
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 04:29:23 PM »

Yes my batteries were low, I picked up the different part # at walmart and it would not work, it almost drove me crazy until I figured it out. My father- in- law works at the Harley Dealership here and they did not know this!!???

n7543g

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 04:55:14 PM »

I bought the batt at hd in mc. I am out of town till monay. I will go to hd and find out more. Any more ideas, let me know.

Mark

tennisman

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '08 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: '96 Heritage Softail Classic
    • CVO3: '14 Indian Chief Vintage
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 01:11:40 PM »

I put in a new 2032 battery in my fob when it was chirping every time I got on the bike.  Battery voltage measured about 2.7 (vs 3V rating).  New battery measured 3.13 volts.  No more chirps.
T

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 26 queries.