Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bar Change - Any Helpful Hints  (Read 925 times)

sinktip

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide
Bar Change - Any Helpful Hints
« on: October 13, 2011, 04:58:27 PM »

Pulling parts together to do a bar change on my FLHXSE. Have settled on the bars (12.5" Wild 1) and know I need to change to poly bushings with the apes. Hoping to just have to buy the upper brake line and a new clutch line. I will be installing heating elements in the bars as well. I have done this on a number of bar changes but this one is the first TBW change so some concern there.

I have done bar changes on Road Kings and softails before but never a batwing. Other than the TBW, anything I need to be aware or concerned of?

backroad Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Krypto
Re: Bar Change - Any Helpful Hints
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 07:53:21 PM »

Does the 2010 have the hydraulic clutch, and if so, does the Wild 1 bar accept it ?

How much slack is in your switch wires that are internal?  We did my buddies 2010 limited last year with the Wild 1 575's and he put an extension on.  I believe yours will be longer yet.   I believe he also put extensions or longer wires on the TBW..  I check with him and see.

sinktip

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 08:15:58 PM »

Thanks Mike and yes I will have to do extensions. Will check on the Wild 1 and hydraulic clutch.

backroad Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Krypto
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 09:45:28 PM »

I spoke with my buddy.  On his 2010 limited, it originally did not come with internal switch wires and the TBW cables were different and would not allow for the internal switch wires.  That's why he changed the TBW wires.

Your TBW and switch cables are already internal so they should be ok on that aspect.  Question is, does the TBW wires need to be lengthened for the higher bars?

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 11:07:36 PM »

I have the Wild 1 575s and didn't have to get new throttle cables, nor brake/clutch lines. But the 12.5" bars are significantly higher, and I would expect that they will likely require longer TBW wiring and brake/clutch lines.

I only had about 3" of the smaller 2-connector (heated grips?) wire left coming out of the 575s... but significantly more wire coming out for the TBW and the switch wiring.

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 21 queries.