Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Rotten Thief stole my CVO Sissy Bar & Pad!  (Read 3741 times)

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
Re: Rotten Thief stole my CVO Sissy Bar & Pad!
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2011, 08:52:43 PM »

You are a class act Motor1! Sorry to hear about what happened Gatornapper but pretty cool result.
+AGREE! I think the act of kindness shown by Motor1 happens on this site pretty often!   
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

Gatornapper

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2011, 09:56:12 PM »

Up to now, the best, most helpful, friendly forum I'm on is Triumphrat.net in the area for Classic old Triumph's - but there is no question that this forum may just tie them for friendliness, warmth, help, etc.

Guys like Motor1 get mucho kudos from me!  :orange:   :2vrolijk_21:

'09 CVO 'Screamin' Eagle' FLTRSE3 w/Rinehart slip-ons, WindSplitter shield
'97 FXDWG, Stage II, fully tricked-out, faster than my CVO

Patriot Guard Rider/Member For origin of "gatornapper", refer to July '65 Kosciusco County, Ind. court records, Walter Cronkite, Huntley/Brinkley evening news, & Indianapolis Star paper.

RioGlide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 SE Road King - sold
    • CVO2: 07 VRSCDX - Night Rod Special - sold
    • CVO3: 11 FLRTUSE - Rio Red
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2011, 07:50:26 AM »

Motor1, I don't know you, but you must be a real Good Guy. 

It stinks that there are those out there who would yank detachables from anyone's bike in broad daylight like that.

Every trip I ever made on my SERK, I would strip the bike in the parking lot and haul everything inside to the hotel room.  A real PITA and sometimes to the raised eyevrows of my fellow riders.  But I would remove anything that someone who knew how easy the stuff comes off would be able to steal.  Windshield, GPS, sissy bar, saddlebags, etc.  Usually took two trips.  Added a few minutes to bike prep the next morning, but you just never know when someone with bad intentions might come along.

Gator, you did a good deed for the Triumph guy.  I'm glad to see Motor1 has returned the good karma.

I am often reminded how many Good Guys/Good Gals there are here.

n7543g

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2011, 08:20:11 AM »

I agree with above! Great deed :orange:   Two great people. Great web site!

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2011, 11:13:51 AM »

+AGREE! I think the act of kindness shown by Motor1 happens on this site pretty often!   
ABSOLUTELY !!!  Just installed the front end tubes that Mr. 2LaneRider so generously gifted to me to help in putting the Huckleberry/HumptyDumpty back together again.  Thanks again, bro.  :2vrolijk_21: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Gatornapper

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2011, 08:12:56 PM »

For many years, I owned the web site address:   www.hog-swap.com

My intention was to set up a site where Harley owners could freely swap parts, but it ultimately would require setting up something like "Hog-Swap BUCKS" that could be accumulated and traded for others.  It was too complex to figure out, and I finally gave up the name.  I don't know, it may still be available.

I know that all of us who have been serious Harley guys (or gals) for a long time have a garage FULL of spare parts that we'd love to see someone else benefit from, and we as well are always looking for a good deal on special parts we want for our bikes. 

I still think it would be a great idea if someone could figure out how to handle the details.  I can provide the site, if someone can do the web programming.

Of course, the CVO's are at least 90% "pre-built" for us and we don't modify them as much as stock Harley's, but I think we too could use it.

If anyone out there would like to partner in getting something like this up and running, I'll be glad to take part.......

'09 CVO 'Screamin' Eagle' FLTRSE3 w/Rinehart slip-ons, WindSplitter shield
'97 FXDWG, Stage II, fully tricked-out, faster than my CVO

Patriot Guard Rider/Member For origin of "gatornapper", refer to July '65 Kosciusco County, Ind. court records, Walter Cronkite, Huntley/Brinkley evening news, & Indianapolis Star paper.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 21 queries.