Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HD Sheepskin seat cover  (Read 1004 times)

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
HD Sheepskin seat cover
« on: May 09, 2006, 07:58:55 AM »

Like a lot of CUSE owners, I wasn't real happy with the comfort of the factory seat. But, it would be expensive to change out all three pieces, or have a custom made. The comfort is really OK for day rides and such, it's just the longer days and trips that concerned me. The sheepskin cover from HD is listed for the stock FLHT pillow seat, but I thought I would give it a try as I'm leaving for an Arkansaw trip Wed.  To my suprise, it fits perfect and feels great. Doesn't look all that bad either, especially for a trip. Even though the controls for the heat are covered up, you can still feel the switches enough to operate them, so it might be good for winter also.  Just an FYI.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 02:36:49 PM by GC_Super »
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

WI George

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: HD Sheepskin seat cover
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 10:05:51 AM »

I just picked up my new 'o6 CUSE May 27th and traded in an '01 Ultra and I too had the HD sheepskin seat cover but I kept it. Glad to hear it fits OK as I will soon be using it too. I usually just put it on for really long trips so I don't have to worry about covering it due to rain when going to work & back. I wondered about the haet switches but you answered that for me, thanks!

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
Re: HD Sheepskin seat cover
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 07:04:42 PM »

Hey George, I thought I would be taking mine off when I got back from my last trip, but here in good ole hot Texas, it really keeps the seat from getting so hot when you have to stop and park in the sun, so it's still on there. It fits so good, a lot of people ask if I just velcroed the sheepskin on top of the stock seat.  LOL
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 25 queries.