Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rinehart 3.5" Slip Ons  (Read 2915 times)

gabhart

• Full CVO Member
    • NC

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6
Rinehart 3.5" Slip Ons
« on: August 17, 2011, 09:22:45 AM »

I am going with a Fullsac X-Pipe, Rinehart 3.5" slip ons and the TTS Mastertune. I have to wait a little while on the Mastertune and want to know if I can just install the slip ons for now without worrying about the tune on a 2011.5 SEUC. Once I get the Mastertune and Fullsac map I would be finishing job.

Thanks guys!
Fullsac X-Pipe "B", TTS Mastertune, Rinehart Slip-ons, full LED conversion

wolverine

• Full CVO Member
  • Rock Hard, Ride Free

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red / Black Ember
Re: Rinehart 3.5" Slip Ons
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 08:39:42 AM »

my dealer said that you can add slipons with no tuner but if you change the head pipes you must add atuner or it will be running to lean.

gabhart

• Full CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 08:41:17 AM »

Thanks for the info!

gabhart

• Full CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 09:26:45 PM »

I am confused and happy at the same time. I installed the Rineharts this evening and was shocked at how much louder they are than the stock mufflers. This is a good thing for me because this is what I wanted. I am confused because I have read that with the stock head pipe they will have a different sound but not be much louder. I am at the point where I am considering sending my new, uninstalled X-Pipe back to Fullsac since I now have what I was looking for to begin with.

My question is do I keep with the original plan and install the X-Pipe and use the Fullsac map via a TTS Mastertune or do I save a significant amount of money in my pocket and just run the Rineharts in which I am very happy with?

Almost forgot to mention that the clearance for the left side muffler looks to be OK but the right side is extremely close to the rear axle bolt. The Rinehart website says these are for a 1995 to 2011 HD Touring bike. Has anyone run into this issue?

Thanks for any opinions you guys shoot my way.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 09:30:55 PM by gabhart »

SG Racer

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG2, Black Diamond/ Inferno Orange
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG, Cherry
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 10:57:15 PM »

I do not have the Rineharts, but I can tell you that the cat in the stock headers will get really hot. It will be a little louder once you install the new Fullsac pipe, but not too bad. The Rineharts are gonna get a bit louder in time too. If it were me, I would go ahead and install the new headers, do the TTS. You will not be sorry.
 As far as the mufflers being too close, I am sure someone with the same set up will chime in and give you the answer. Enjoy your ride.
 Ray
D&D Fat Cat W/Ghost pipe
Custom leather seat
12" Yaffe Monkey Bagger Bars
SEPST
93Hp, 116Tq

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO ROADGLIDE
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 07:26:31 AM »

I am confused and happy at the same time. I installed the Rineharts this evening and was shocked at how much louder they are than the stock mufflers. This is a good thing for me because this is what I wanted. I am confused because I have read that with the stock head pipe they will have a different sound but not be much louder. I am at the point where I am considering sending my new, uninstalled X-Pipe back to Fullsac since I now have what I was looking for to begin with.

My question is do I keep with the original plan and install the X-Pipe and use the Fullsac map via a TTS Mastertune or do I save a significant amount of money in my pocket and just run the Rineharts in which I am very happy with?

Almost forgot to mention that the clearance for the left side muffler looks to be OK but the right side is extremely close to the rear axle bolt. The Rinehart website says these are for a 1995 to 2011 HD Touring bike. Has anyone run into this issue?

GO WITH YOUR ORIGINAL PLAN!

Like most on this forum, YOU will be happy! Get the cat out by replacing it w/ the X-Pipe along w/ the TTS and Steve's map.
Your seat of the pants and heat issues will be MUCH BETTER!!!

FYI, I currently have the exact set-up that you are thinking about.

Good Luck & Ride Safe

YB

2009 SCREAMIN' EAGLE CVO ROAD GLIDE FLTRSE3 117" PRO RACE
(1 OF ONLY 369 US) "LAST YEAR OF THE HAND BUILT"

gabhart

• Full CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 07:36:43 AM »

GO WITH YOUR ORIGINAL PLAN!

Like most on this forum, YOU will be happy! Get the cat out by replacing it w/ the X-Pipe along w/ the TTS and Steve's map.
Your seat of the pants and heat issues will be MUCH BETTER!!!

FYI, I currently have the exact set-up that you are thinking about.

Good Luck & Ride Safe

YB

YB,

Do you have a clearance issue with either side? I am finding the right side rear axle nut to be very close to the right muffler. I have not ridden more than just around the block yet so I can't determine if it will hit.

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO ROADGLIDE
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 07:50:14 AM »

YB,

Do you have a clearance issue with either side? I am finding the right side rear axle nut to be very close to the right muffler. I have not ridden more than just around the block yet so I can't determine if it will hit.

No Problems what so ever.

2009 SCREAMIN' EAGLE CVO ROAD GLIDE FLTRSE3 117" PRO RACE
(1 OF ONLY 369 US) "LAST YEAR OF THE HAND BUILT"

gabhart

• Full CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2011, 08:38:32 AM »

No Problems what so ever.

That's good news. In my situation I really can't see how the right side axle not would not hit the muffler. I will find out today since I'm riding to work. I will report back.

gabhart

• Full CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2011, 09:34:20 PM »

I communicated with Rinehart today regarding my 3.5” slip-on’s and the clearance issue. I basically asked them if I had the correct SKU for my bike and also asked to confirm that the 3.5’s should not have a clearance issue.

Rinehart’s response was:

“You will want to go with the 500-0102 for any bike that is 2009 and newer.  Once Harley began putting catalytic converters in the head pipes our pipe diameter had to increase due to excess heat. SKU: 500-0102 will fit your stock head pipes and there are indentions that will accommodate the rear axle bolt.”

My response:

Thank you for the reply. This concerns me because your website along with the retailer I purchased these from (Eastern Performance) both state that the SKU (for the 3.5” slip-on’s) I inquired about will work with my 2011 CVO Ultra. Now they are installed with my stock head pipe and they sound great but there is the issue with the clearance on the right side.
I do plan on replacing my stock head pipe with a catless version within the next 30 days so that will resolve the heat issue. Can you advise on how to address the clearance problem?

Since these slip on's are installed I will not be able to return them.

Thank you for any advice you can provide.

Rinehart’s response:

“Replacing the head pipes with resolve the heat issue, I would look at doing this sooner rather than later to be sure there is no discoloration.  As far as clearance, there shouldn’t be an issue with the 3.5” slip on and the axle bolt.  Can you explain the clearance interference so I can have a better understanding of how to help you. “

This is extremely frustrating since Rinehart's website states these mufflers will work with 1995 to 2011 Touring bikes. It even states that you should not alter the ECM map when using these mufflers with the stock head pipe.

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 25 queries.