Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Shoei Neotec  (Read 2428 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Shoei Neotec
« on: June 21, 2012, 12:21:34 PM »

There's another thread on this, but it's been sitting there a while so I'll start a new one.  If d00d wants to merge them, that's fine.  ;)

I was re-reading some of the reviews, watching the Revzilla videos, etc on this helmet yesterday and it got my curiousity going again.  I like my Shark Evoline 2 ST (they now have a generation 3, of course) for the ability to make it into a true 3/4 helmet.  There are two drawbacks to it though...actually three...it is one of the heavier helmets, though it does not wear as heavy as it actually is.  It is pretty noisy.  It has poor ventilation when in FF mode...not a problem in cool weather, but with temps in the 90's now, it's more of an issue.

The Neotec sounds like a great choice, and equal to the Schuberth C3 in many ways, and actually superior in a couple.  The one thing the Schuberth has going for it is it is very quiet.  One downside I have read about is that because they only make two shell sizes...one for XXS-L and another for XL and >, the Large has thinner padding in some areas.

The Neotec has three shell sizes...XXS-M, L, and then XL >.  Since I wear a L in every helmet I've ever tried on, that pushes me towards the Neotec.  Plus, the sun visor slide is not on the left bottom of the helmet, so I would be able to use the HD headsets and not spend extra $$$ on new headsets.  Also, the Shoei Neotec got rated as one of THE best with regards to ventilation (along with the Nolan N-104).

Any riders out there who can report on the Neotec with regards to any of five things:  Ventilation, perceived weight when riding, noise, does the sunshade come down far enough not to be in your line of sight at any time, and can you fit the HD Boom! headset, or any kind of clamp on type headset, to the helmet?  Also, do glasses fit comfortably?  It's supposed to have softer foam where the eyeglass temples go into the helmet to decrease pressure on the head/ear...that's a big deal.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 12:23:41 PM by Midnight Rider »
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: Shoei Neotec
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 02:24:35 PM »

:2vrolijk_21:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 08:41:05 PM »

Sorry I can't give too much feedback. Only rode around town a little bit to try out audio. It does take the HD boom mic no problem, better than my ncom did. I purchased a medium and the head is perfect, but I'm going to change out the cheek pieces to ones with less padding when they come back in stock.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 10:44:34 AM »

Thanks for the pic, Pete...fitment of the HD headset is a huge deal for me as I do not want to spend even more money on aftermarket items.  The old HD headsets left much to be desired, but the new Boom version sounds pretty decent if you get the speakers in the proper place.

I think I see a Neotec in my future, after I pay my dentist a small fortune for fixing one tooth in my old  head.  :(
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.