Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Fairing for 2011.5, ALSO all Late Model Bagger Fairings, an opportunity...!  (Read 813 times)

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member

Hello American Friends, Cowboy Down Under here....

My last Ultra, got a lot of stone chips, and a little scrape out on the edge, and my last CVO has a few little stone chip dings....  Looking at the fabulous paint on my new BIG BLUE, I was thinking this could very well be a $1000 paint job to reproduce, maybe even more like $1500 with all the colours and clear coat, and down time, and........    Anyway the thought occurred to me, in the Production runs do they do extras for insurance work or damaged or Warranty???Long story cut short, I had HD Australia price one up for me, original colours, brand new, freighted in to Australia.... A whole new Fairing... Thinking way to expensive but wouldn't it be cool to have one hanging on the wall in a year or two for total new look restoration...  I braced myself for a HUGE PRICE, and about fell over when it came back $833...

Say WHAT?   $833, gst taxes and freight on board... To Australia?  Now I don't know about you Guys, maybe your roads are so clean you don't get stone chips, but we sure do here....  And maybe you are not as unco (Australian for uncoordinated) as me, but I already have a little scrape, but this seems like the DEAL OF THE DECADE to me.  Maybe it is just economies of scale, but this is too cheap to be real.  I definitely ordered one, here in 6-8 weeks.  I am thinking if they built 900 of the 2011.5, they painted 1200 fairings for replacement, insurance, accidents, and warranty...  But this is the best deal I think I have heard from HD..  I don't know about in America, but custom deep paint like this in a perfect match could cost double that alone, and the fairing is for free.... heh he..  Regards from Cowboy.....  

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2

It is rather strange considering how much Harley overcharges for other painted parts, but sure enough the CVO fairings have an MSRP of $737 US.  We probably shouldn't say too much about it in case anyone from Harley is wandering around on the site.  It's probably an oversight and once brought to their attention they'll quickly jack the price up to $1100.  ;)

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.