Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tour pack spoiler template  (Read 1954 times)

hogasm

Tour pack spoiler template
« on: August 15, 2011, 01:40:25 PM »

I am looking for the template "part #50001-01"

I have a tour pack with holes in the lid and am checking to see if they are for Tour Pack Spoiler 53149-99

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Tour pack spoiler template
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 06:23:25 PM »

I have the template from the HD tour pak spoiler/LED I installed several years ago, though I trimmed it for use, so the p/n of the template isn't shown, and the instructions from the kit don't show a p/n for the template.

The left side will have three holes (two for mounting screws and one, the center hole, for the LED wires, and the right side will have two holes.  The center-to-center distance of the two mounting screw holes is 1 9/16" for both the right and left side.

Presumably, the above will help you identify what you have.  Let me know if you have other questions.

Carl

hogasm

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 07:13:00 AM »

I have the template from the HD tour pak spoiler/LED I installed several years ago, though I trimmed it for use, so the p/n of the template isn't shown, and the instructions from the kit don't show a p/n for the template.

The left side will have three holes (two for mounting screws and one, the center hole, for the LED wires, and the right side will have two holes.  The center-to-center distance of the two mounting screw holes is 1 9/16" for both the right and left side.

Presumably, the above will help you identify what you have.  Let me know if you have other questions.

Carl

Yes the holes are 1-9/16" apart with a center hole on the left side
the holes to the rear are 15.5" apart
the holes to the top are 18.5" apart

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 10:06:54 AM »

Those additional measurements are the same as those on the template I have.  This is a link to the installation instructions that came with my HD spoiler/LED several years ago (I don't know if HD has changed them since I purchased the spoiler):

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Media/downloads/Service/isheets/-J01364.pdf

Carl 

hogasm

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 01:31:23 PM »

Carl that is the same set of instructions I found on the net yesterday.  :2vrolijk_21:

Now I need to find a spoiler for this tour pack to cover the holes :pepper:

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 21 queries.