Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Problems with my Schuberth C3 pin lock visor  (Read 4356 times)

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
Problems with my Schuberth C3 pin lock visor
« on: November 14, 2011, 09:49:58 AM »

Let me first state: This is the best helmet I've ever owned. Now, one of their most advertised advantages is the pin lock condensation free visor. Since about a month ago I have had condensation build up during early morning rides when is much cooler. This is a relatively recent event, but today I had a "condensation stain" situation that did not want to go away even by lifting the visor off my face. It was literally a stain. Took about 30 min after taking the helmet off to clear. That is a real problem.The helmet was bought in February this year. Any advice or perhaps you have had the same issue?
I thought about buying a new pin lock strip ($40) or the whole visor ($89) at revzilla. Just waiting for some feedback from you guys.

Thanks

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Problems with my Schuberth C3 pin lock visor
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 09:58:57 AM »

Let me first state: This is the best helmet I've ever owned. Now, one of their most advertised advantages is the pin lock condensation free visor. Since about a month ago I have had condensation build up during early morning rides when is much cooler. This is a relatively recent event, but today I had a "condensation stain" situation that did not want to go away even by lifting the visor off my face. It was literally a stain. Took about 30 min after taking the helmet off to clear. That is a real problem.The helmet was bought in February this year. Any advice or perhaps you have had the same issue?
I thought about buying a new pin lock strip ($40) or the whole visor ($89) at revzilla. Just waiting for some feedback from you guys.

Thanks

What did the manufacturer say when you spoke with them about the issue?

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 10:10:00 AM »

What did the manufacturer say when you spoke with them about the issue?

Have not gotten a response yet.

catahoula58

• Senior CVO Member
  • "There are no LifeGuards in the Gene Pool"
    • TX

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange / Black
    • CVO2: 2004 Heritage Softail (NON CVO)
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 04:43:42 PM »

Darth:  I had the same issue of the fogging up of the pin lock area.  there is a fog cloth that you can buy and use.  but do not get it on the pin lock itself.  Also i had a broken Pin lock pin and while the representives were here in Seattle.  I got a complete "New" Pin Lock shield and pins for my helmet.  I purchased my helmet last December.  As for the cloth I found my at the local BMW shop where the reps were at.  Contact Mike.Talarico@Shuberth.com 949-716-1283 is his office and his mobile is 949-215-0893.   Hope this helps!  Good Luck!

You are correct on these helmets they are the cat's meow!

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 07:28:24 PM »

Darth:  I had the same issue of the fogging up of the pin lock area.  there is a fog cloth that you can buy and use.  but do not get it on the pin lock itself.  Also i had a broken Pin lock pin and while the representives were here in Seattle.  I got a complete "New" Pin Lock shield and pins for my helmet.  I purchased my helmet last December.  As for the cloth I found my at the local BMW shop where the reps were at.  Contact Mike.Talarico@Shuberth.com 949-716-1283 is his office and his mobile is 949-215-0893.   Hope this helps!  Good Luck!

You are correct on these helmets they are the cat's meow!

Thanks Catahoula58, I will get it from my local BMW store then. In the meantime I contacted Revzilla.com, they sent me an new Pin lock lens for $20 ( not a bad deal)

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 10:04:50 PM »

The fogging or stain as you call it is from a leak between the inner (pin-lok) and outer shields. I have been using Fog City (the absolute best) but permanent when you install them and the Shoei Pin-lok in my Shoei's for years. Most of the time when you get fogging you can let it dry then gently press down on the seal and it will reattach. Never, Never get any kind of cleaner on the inside or treated side of the pin-lok. I find the inner treated side never gets dirty or needs cleaning as it is sealed to the outer shield and must be airtight to work. I have been using the same pin-lok shield for 3 years now and only remove it from the outer shield to clean the outer shield (which I wash in VERY hot water with Dawn and dry with Micro Fiber) before reattaching the pin-lok.

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 21 queries.