Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: new body parts  (Read 2069 times)

SCREAMIN103

• FLHRSEI.ORG
new body parts
« on: August 21, 2011, 07:12:29 PM »

has anyone had any luck ordering body parts (outer fairing, lowers, saddle bags, etc.) painted from harley davidson? i seemed to have been very unfortunate and damaged several pieces . 2004 SEEG STARLIGHT BLACK & COBALT BLUE

Spook

• Full CVO Member
Re: new body parts
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 11:10:05 AM »

Had a cage pull out in front of my 05 nanner, took a week short of six months to get all the parts in at Harley of Gainesville Fl. but it did all get in. Tank, outer fairing,R leg fairing tour pak,R saddlebag. Good Luck!
Spook  :bananarock:

hogasm

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 09:53:31 PM »

has anyone had any luck ordering body parts (outer fairing, lowers, saddle bags, etc.) painted from harley davidson? i seemed to have been very unfortunate and damaged several pieces . 2004 SEEG STARLIGHT BLACK & COBALT BLUE

Ordered a new outer fairing for my b&B in April. Arrived in less than a week.

hdbrad03

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE-Pumpkin
    • CVO3: FLTRI 06
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 09:42:14 AM »

Ordered a new outer fairing for my b&B in April. Arrived in less than a week.

What year? I tried ordering parts for Val's  :pumpkin: from Jenni and she told me they were no longer available. Account the bike was past the seven 7 years required by law to supply parts.  :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

I find it interesting that some dealers find a way to get parts.

:bananarock: :bananarock:

Brad

I was there.  Were you?

East Coast
New River Gorge (10, 15)
Rib Fest (10, 11, 14, 15)
Wild WV (16)
Maggie Valley (08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

West Coast
Sedona, AZ (08)
Pala (10)
Santa Fe, NM (13)

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 08:19:34 PM »

Sometimes you can get lucky and somethings might be available.   I think you can go by a HD dealer and many are on some kind of a network where they make inventories available to check out for other dealers to see. I was able to locate a lower inner fairing that way and I just called that dealer and they sent it to me..  I would try that before running all over the place.  I would try that again. 

hoister139

• CVO1: '05 CVO Electraglide
    • CVO2: '09 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 10:59:33 AM »

I had a damaged tour pac on my '05 SE Glide and ordered it 8 weeks ago. After 5 weeks I called and was told the dealer hadn't heard anything from H-D. I called customer service on a friday  and was told they would call me back on monday. Three weeks and I still have not gotten called back. I guess they forgot to tell me which monday. Victorys anyone?

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 02:16:24 AM »

Sometimes you can get lucky and somethings might be available.   I think you can go by a HD dealer and many are on some kind of a network where they make inventories available to check out for other dealers to see. I was able to locate a lower inner fairing that way and I just called that dealer and they sent it to me..  I would try that before running all over the place.  I would try that again. 

It's called HDNET and has a "parts locator" feature that is intended to be an online inventory organized by part number of dealer parts inventories.  The guy at the parts counter enters the part number and can find dealer(s) who show, on the inventory database, that the part is in stock at that dealer(s).  The parts guy can give you a print out of the dealer(s) with dealer name, phone number and the part no.  You call to buy the part from the dealer and arrange shipping if necessary.  It's not 100% accurate; i.e., the computer may show a dealer has the part in stock when, in fact, the dealer doesn't.

Carl

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 08:40:19 PM »

I found several parts over the years that way.   :2vrolijk_21:

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 25 queries.