Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fullsac Stage II on 110 completed  (Read 945 times)

ralford

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Ultra Classic
Fullsac Stage II on 110 completed
« on: September 03, 2011, 09:29:20 AM »

Thought I should probably post a few comments on my experiences and results.  Probably nothing surprising in the results but here she goes ...

Fairly new to Harleys, had 17Kmi on my '09 UC and about 4K mi on my new to me '10 SEUC (12k total).  Have twisted a wrench in the dark past on v-dubs and Porsches so didn't think it was beyond my abilities to do the update.  Saw the excellent video re the cam swap and looked doable.  Considering the bump from the cam is about the same from the Stage I, and most of the expense is covered with the stage I - what the heck.

Contacted Fullsac, and as advertised had a great discussion with Steve and ordered the parts.  Wonderful to find people like that to deal with!  I wasn't in a hurry and changed direction once or twice (cam bearings and A/C) so had to wait for parts and/or tools.  Spent about a week doing the work but I work by the hour ;D

Final combination: Andrews 54h, x-pipe, TTS mastertune, SE Ventilator AC, Klock Werks WFB muffs.  Sounds great and pulling the cat enhanced the sound considerably.  Great sound when your on it and pretty quiet when cruising, perfect for my needs.

No problems with the install!  Actually got pretty good at installing the headers - did it three times just for practice :)  Well, ok had a couple of brain farts and had to check some things again (getting old ain't for the weak!)

Results:  first, let me say the 110 runs decently out of the box (especially compared to the 96"!).  Probably getting around 100+hp and 120 tqs.  The bike is now very pleasant to ride and might even be considered fun ... imagine that. 

I had difficulty getting the stock exhaust gaskets in the head without distorting them.  Ended up getting the SE super duper ss gaskets and they worked like a charm.  Would recommend using them routinely.

Have a residual problem with oil spewing out the AC.  First investigation indicated torn o-rings on the SE install, replaced them and it may have improved but still leaking.  About to look into that again.

Summary - great improvement and no more problem than expected for a first time project.  Certainly recommend the project to anyone who likes piddling with their bike or who just wants to pay and play. 

And thanks for the support and help from the guys on the site!  Wonderful to have a community at large to call upon when problems arise.

Cheers,

Rusty

SG Racer

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG2, Black Diamond/ Inferno Orange
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG, Cherry
Re: Fullsac Stage II on 110 completed
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 10:34:38 PM »

Nice write up. Thanks for sharing.
 How does it sound at idle? Do these cams thump more than the stock cams?
 Glad you are happy.
 Ray
D&D Fat Cat W/Ghost pipe
Custom leather seat
12" Yaffe Monkey Bagger Bars
SEPST
93Hp, 116Tq

ralford

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Ultra Classic
Re: Fullsac Stage II on 110 completed
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 09:37:59 AM »

Probably has more lope at idle than the stock, however, it is clearly a low to middle range cam and so the idle is still good.  Personally it is the right sound, good when you are on or off the gas and not too noticeable when cruising.

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 21 queries.