Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: BLACK ROBBERS (A True Story)  (Read 2955 times)

jaymedic44

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO limited silver/ autumn

• CVO1: 2009 Cvo ultra
    • CVO2: 2006 cvo ultra
    • CVO3: 2014 CVO limited
BLACK ROBBERS (A True Story)
« on: September 06, 2011, 06:08:22 PM »

BLACK ROBBERS (A True Story)

For anyone who didn't see the episode of David Letterman's show where this story was told, read this: (And remember it's a true story...)

On a recent weekend in Atlantic City , a woman won a bucketful of quarters at a slot machine. She took a break from the slots for dinner with her husband in the hotel dining room.  But first she wanted to stash the quarters in her room.  'I'll be right back and we'll go to eat' she told her husband and carried the coin-laden bucket to the elevator.  As she was about to walk into the elevator she noticed two men already aboard.  Both were black.  One of them was very tall and had an intimidating figure.  The woman froze.  Her first thought was: 'These two are going to rob me.'  Her next thought was: 'Don't be a bigot; they look like perfectly nice gentlemen.'  But racial stereotypes are powerful, and fear immobilized her.

Avoiding eye contact, she turned around stiffly and faced the elevator doors as they closed.  A second passed, and then another second, and then another.  Her fear increased!  The elevator didn't move.  Panic consumed her.  'My God' she thought, I'm trapped and about to be robbed!

Her heart plummeted.  Perspiration poured from every pore.  Then one of the men said, 'Hit the floor.'  Instinct told her to do what they told her.  The bucket of quarters flew upwards as she threw out her arms and collapsed on the elevator floor.  A shower of coins rained down on her.

'Take my money and spare me', she prayed.  More seconds passed.  She heard one of the men say politely, 'Ma'am, if you'll just tell us what floor you're going to, we'll push the button.'  The one who said it had a little trouble getting the words out.  He was trying mightily to hold in a belly laugh.  The woman lifted her head and looked up at the two men.  They reached down to help her up.

Confused, she struggled to her feet.  'When I told my friend here to hit the floor,' said the average sized one, I meant that he should hit the elevator button for our floor.  I didn't mean for you to hit the floor, ma'am.'  He spoke genially.  He bit his lip.  It was obvious he was having a hard time not laughing.

The woman thought: 'My God, what a spectacle I've made of myself.'  She was too humiliated to speak.  The three of them gathered up the strewn quarters and refilled her bucket.  When the elevator arrived at her floor they then insisted on walking her to her room. She seemed a little unsteady on her feet, and they were afraid she might not make it down the corridor.

At her door they bid her a good evening.  As she slipped into her room she could hear them roaring with laughter as they walked back to the elevator.  The woman brushed herself off.  She pulled herself together and went downstairs for dinner with her husband.  The next morning flowers were delivered to her room; a dozen roses.  Attached to EACH rose was a crisp one hundred-dollar bill.  The card said: 'Thanks for the best laugh we've had in years.

It was signed: Eddie Murphy & Michael Jordan

2014 CVO limited silver/autumn
2009 Cvo ULTRA 21 inch Pm wheels legend air ride progressive monotubs Fulsac exhaust
2006 Cvo ULTRA Autum Haze
2005 Heritage Softail World of wheels show bike
2004 Ultra Gold/Black
2003 Road King  Black/Silver
1999 Ultra Blue/Silver
1998 Road king Red/ Gold
1996 springer Custom
1974 Sportster

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
Re: BLACK ROBBERS (A True Story)
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 08:17:21 PM »

:)that is funny 

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 09:34:05 PM »

I highly doubt this was real!!! Any where in the world Jordan & Murphy would be together there would be a crowd!!
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 09:41:57 PM »

Too good to be true
kb

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 10:09:53 PM »

That reminds me of a story from the 70s or 80s. Didn't check it on Snopes (as if everthing there is true), but a hot shot trial attorney had a case befpre the US Supreme Court. He was running late and sprinted to an elevator. He looked over and saw an elderly black man in a dark coat standing by the elevator controls. He said "take me to floor (whatever) and be quick about it I am late", or something to that desired effect. The elderly black man shut the elevator door and off they went. He let the other man out first who ran down the hall to the courtroom. To his surprise the elderly black man arrived a few mins later dressed in a gown and took his seat on the bench. It was Justice Thurgood Marshall.

Once again I don't know if it's urban legend or real.

"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 01:30:36 AM »

This link has lot's of versions, story been around at least since the 1970's. Eddie Murphy version in 1997 and Michael Jordan added in 1999.
http://www.snopes.com/racial/mistaken/hitfloor.asp

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 01:36:11 AM »

Thurgood Marshall was a version of the gardner story too :
http://www.snopes.com/racial/mistaken/gardener.asp

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 21 queries.