Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I have some questions about my '07 FLHTCUE2  (Read 797 times)

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
I have some questions about my '07 FLHTCUE2
« on: August 31, 2011, 09:51:46 PM »

Reading the threads, I can tell many of you have been riding and working on Harleys for many years.  It's going to take a bit of time for me to catch up, but I'm a quick study. 

I have a couple of questions about the various alterations that are almost necessary, to get the most out of the beast. 

First, it has Rinehart exhaust, so I'm sure it had to be retuned.  The bike came with a Screamin Eagle EFI Race Tuner Kit (little box, with serial connectors attached.) and a memory stick.  I would imagine this would be used by mechanics working on the engine, to make sure it is tuned for maximum performance.  Is this stock with the CVOs, or was it purchased seperately?

Next, while riding it every day on my commute this past two weeks, I've been listening to the motor and paying close attention to handling.  It sounds great.  Aside from very little top-end noise when at certian speeds, or gears.  It is not as bad as I believe it was when stock.  Shifting is sharp and predictable.  No mushiness, as described by some.  It did have a wobble at about 70 on left hand sweepers, but after putting 15lbs of air in the rear shock, the wobble disappeared. The shock had no air at all.

How can I tell if this bike has had any internal modifications?  Cam, head, tranny?  Take it apart?  I just don't know the stock models well enough to tell.

Reading the laundry list of goodies most of you have put on these things, it is clear most don't just keep a stock configuration -- even at a now over $40K price off the showroom floor for 2012 models. 

But, I do know this thing rips.  Far stronger than any other Harley I've ever ridden.  Sounds better too. 

I realize some of this is pretty obvious, but just in case I had to ask.  These are the sexiest factory made bikes on the road, bar none.  Yeeehaaaaa!

Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

sleepybare

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 CVO ULTRA
Re: I have some questions about my '07 FLHTCUE2
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 07:55:50 PM »

The tuner did not come with the bike it is an afterthought. It is required to be with the bike every time it is tuned, no matter who does the work. It is hard if not impossible to tell if any internal mods have been done to the bike without tearing it down at least a bit. Might want to ask the shop or the previous owner if you can find out who that is.. 

captainron62

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 08:47:52 AM »

Go to your local HD dealer, take a copy of your registration, go to the parts counter or service counter and ask them to run your VIN.  This will tell where the bike was sold new and will often list the modifications, if they were serious engine mods and done by a dealer. good luck!

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 10:27:37 AM »

Change the comp assembly to the SE version when you have a chance before it goes out you will be happier with starting and shifting. Add the Baker primary bearing while you are at it. Recomended by Jim hddude.

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 12:43:13 AM »

Thanks for the tips. 
Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 08:41:01 AM »

Many of the 07's had issues with the rear head gasket leaking oil.  Mine did, as well as many other on the site.  Typically, if it was to occur, it happened in less than 5K miles.  Odds are that if yours is not leaking, then it had the MOCO "enhancement" completed by a dealer, or it was repaired by the owner.  The "enhancement" (not recall) replaced the heads, head gaskets and a few other items.  When you have your dealer run your VIN as captainron62 suggests, you will find out if this work was completed by a dealer.

If the owner corrected the head gasket issue, then it's a good possibility other uprades (such as cams) may have been completed also.  If you open up your pushrod tubes and find adjustable pushrod vs. the stock solid pushrods, then alternate cams are very likely installed.  But the only way to tell which cams is to pull them and look...

Enjoy your ride!  I'm glad it's running well for you...
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 25 queries.