Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HID vs LED  (Read 2054 times)

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
HID vs LED
« on: September 18, 2011, 06:35:34 PM »

I want to install either LED bulb or HID light in my FLTRUSE. Would like to hear some inout from you guys before doing so. Alsom I'm installing the motolights LED.

Thanks

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
Re: HID vs LED
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 08:21:10 PM »

:cherry:
More expensive,  but LED is the way to go.  Less power required and longer life is expected,  plus all reports I have read indicate night riding with the LED is far and away the best.

I have LED installed on mine,  but have not yet taken an extended nite cruise to comment personally.

motor1

• Elite CVO Member
  • Current Harley: 2022 FLTRKSE

• CVO1: 2022 FLTRKSE
    • CVO2: 2022 FLRTXSE traded, 2015 FLTRUSE traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLTRXSE traded, 2011 FLTRUSE traded
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 10:30:15 PM »

Who makes LED for FLTRs?
Excuses are the conditions under which you have failed.

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 02:22:25 PM »

:confused5:
I get confused with the various model Harleys.......Not sure if your FLTR has a normal (large) 7" headlite or maybe smaller?

If it's the 7" like on my SE Ultra,  then you can buy it straight from Harley.  Go to your favorite HD store and they'll fix you up.  I think they make the smaller one too.  Plus they also have the 4 1/2" size in LED for the passing/aux. lamps too.

They are $$$$$ pricey,  but (hard to believe),  but buying them from Harley might get ya the best (still expensive) price.   Those units are made by JW Speaker Co.

http://www.jwspeaker.com/products/headlights/model-8700-7-round.pdf

Click on that site,  and it will show ya both the chrome and black versions of the 7" LED lite.

There is also another LED lite called (Trucklite),  that some have installed.   It has a totally different look about that I don't care for, but it still is LED and performs well too.  

:drink:  Here is a good write-up on the two of them with pictures...............check it out.

http://theroadhawgs.com/uploads/Review_LED_Headlights__1_.pdf
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 02:26:10 PM by moscooter »

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 21 queries.