Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Ear Plugs  (Read 4849 times)

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
Re: Ear Plugs
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2011, 01:57:32 PM »

You caused a little water spit Mark.  Image in my head of a guy with a shop rag hanging out of his pocket and dirty coveralls holding a Phillips screwdriver against my head to adjust those things in :huepfenlol2: .

Yeah, I know. They carry the "screw" theme just a bit too far but then, there are so many roads you can go down with the word "screw". It's tough to keep men focused.

hwyfever

• Full CVO Member
  • Stopped Living Vicariously

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2011, 02:48:00 AM »

Not attempting to send Members to other sites, but take a look at this web site http://www.webbikeworld.com/Earplugs/earplugs.htm.   A lot of useful information and links to other sites related to ear plugs and hearing loss. I've been using custom molded ear plugs for 7 years, but keep a few foam plugs in saddlebag just in case.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 02:55:02 AM by hwyfever »
HD Hyd Cam Plate Conversion, Zippers Red Shift 575, SE Adjustable Push Rods
SE Race Tuner, Zippers Highflow Air Cleaner, S&S True Duals, Bub Stealth 7,
Progressive Monotube Cartridge Forks, Progressive 940 shocks

What I fear most when I die is my wife selling my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2011, 10:10:02 PM »

I use so-called "musician" ear plugs, custom molded. You can get the them through an audiologist.  They knock down the DB while allowing you to hear conversation.  On the highway, they greatly improve my ability to hear music, including lyrics. Not cheap, but with known damage wind and exhaust noise can cause, I've decided that my hearing might be important to me in the future (depending on the day).  I now see my earplugs almost as important as my helmet.
That's the ticket.  Several years ago at the Hot Springs, Arkansas, GTG I saw that Chief and Mahota had custom ear plugs.  He said he got them while at Sturgis.  They made an impression and the mfrg was actually in Oklahoma I think.  Anyway I contacted the company and they suggested I have my audiologist (I wear hearing aids anyway so I knew who to call) make impressions and send to them.  When I called her she said 'I make these for musicians all the time.'  She got them for me cheaper than I could get from the original company - about $110 for the pair as I recall.  I choose a version with a removable acoustic filter rather than a solid type and they work great.  Cut down the wind and road noise but I can hear music, cb and intercom just fine.  The Queen and I very seldom if ever get on the bike without our ear plugs.  Check out local audiologists.  I bet they can get you some custom fitted ear plugs for a reasonable price.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2011, 10:31:58 PM »

Got a pair of Big Ear insta-mold while at Sturgis a few years ago (two pair actually), I love them.  Cut down the wind and allow me to hear to radio better.  earinc.com  800-525-2690
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2011, 07:00:25 AM »

Got a pair of Big Ear insta-mold while at Sturgis a few years ago (two pair actually), I love them.  Cut down the wind and allow me to hear to radio better.  earinc.com  800-525-2690
Terry, these are the ones Chief had also.  What my local audiologist got for me are appear identical - just a different source.  I got the filtered ones for $110 a couple years ago.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.284 seconds with 26 queries.