Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Nolan N43 Trilogy  (Read 4690 times)

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
Re: Nolan N43 Trilogy
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2011, 10:31:51 PM »

How is the wind noise with that?
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

SIX38

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 Ultra Classic Ruby Red / Maroon (traded in)
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Mako Fade
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2011, 10:48:11 PM »

No wind noise to speak of. But, I had just installed a new 7" windshield from "Freedom Shields" the same time I started to use the N43. This windshield does an amazing job of diverting air flow over my head yet providing a clear view over the shield. I have to stand on the floorboards to feel any significant wind. My rear passenger reports the same.
Tom P. 

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2011, 11:10:47 AM »

Mark...you can read a review of almost every helmet out there on webikeworld.com if you don't already know about it.  They review lots of gear, including most helmets, giving their impressions of how it fits, functions, and compares to others in it's class.

It's a great resource for research before purchasing.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2011, 11:27:22 AM »

Mark, Terrie as you know, Terrie uses the N-43 Trilogy and we have the wireless intercom.  We talk back and forth all the time with no wind or noise issues.  Her helmet isn't as quiet as the N-103 (the quietest helmet I've ever put on my head) but it's still very quiet considering what it is.

By the way, Terry mentioned a site that does motorcycle product reviews.  There's also Motorcycle Consumer News (MCS).  It's the Consumer Reports of the motorcycle industry......they don't accept any advertising so they're beholding to nobody.  That's where I learned about the Tour Master Elite II two piece rain suit (rated #1 for a number of years) and the Nolan helmets. 

They have some very interesting reviews and testing.  They test similar to Consumer Reports....top ten or fifteen brands, lab testing, real world testing, longevity of the product, price, options, ease of use with gloves on, compactness and ease of storage,  etc. etc.  The rain suit testing was done with a fire hose.  While the Tour Master Elite II two piece was on the lower end of the price scale it exceeded those of two or three times the price.

The latest issue of MCS has a great article on lane splitting and where a rider is the safestest riding when in heavy traffic, which lane, where in the lane, etc. etc.  Statistics taken from actual motorcycle accidents in each state and analiyzed coupled with the number of licensed motorcycle riders per 1,000, etc. etc.  Well worth reading if you live or ride in larger metropolitan areas. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2011, 11:48:03 AM »

JC...is MCS available as an on-line subscription, or strictly paper?  While I've found Webikeworld to be helpful in the past, and their reviews don't seem to be biased, I'm always interested in objective sources of information, especially if they include tips like you mention about real life riding tips/safety.

I found a really good deal on a Shark Evoline ST 2 helmet on line, so bought it.  I'm still in the testing phase right now for fit on my head, ease of use, etc.  I've been wearing it around the house for a couple of hours at a time (yea, it looks stupid doing that) to make sure the fit is right before taking it for a ride, but will report on it if I decide it fits right.  If not, I'll sell it for what I paid and somebody else will get a good deal.  It got good reviews on Webikeworld...they have a LOT of information about fitting a helmet, with a breakdown of each helmet with regards to whether it fits an oval head, round head, egg shaped head, etc.  Not all helmets are built the same in that regard, as you know.  The N-102 is a little different than the N-103 with regards to fit.  Pretty interesting reading.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 11:50:33 AM by TCnBham »
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2011, 02:16:00 PM »

JC...is MCS available as an on-line subscription, or strictly paper?  While I've found Webikeworld to be helpful in the past, and their reviews don't seem to be biased, I'm always interested in objective sources of information, especially if they include tips like you mention about real life riding tips/safety.

I found a really good deal on a Shark Evoline ST 2 helmet on line, so bought it.  I'm still in the testing phase right now for fit on my head, ease of use, etc.  I've been wearing it around the house for a couple of hours at a time (yea, it looks stupid doing that) to make sure the fit is right before taking it for a ride, but will report on it if I decide it fits right.  If not, I'll sell it for what I paid and somebody else will get a good deal.  It got good reviews on Webikeworld...they have a LOT of information about fitting a helmet, with a breakdown of each helmet with regards to whether it fits an oval head, round head, egg shaped head, etc.  Not all helmets are built the same in that regard, as you know.  The N-102 is a little different than the N-103 with regards to fit.  Pretty interesting reading.

I'm not sure Terry.  But the good thing about the paper copy is you can take it with you....read a bit here....a bit there....while you're supposed to be working, etc. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

cvoleo

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2011, 08:23:02 AM »

Got it and love it
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 21 queries.