Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Has anyone changed out their ConV 2010 fairing for the 2011 or 2012 fairing?  (Read 1197 times)

n2mycvo

• Junior CVO Member

I have been told by a HD dealership that the ConV 2011 and 2012 fairings will fit the ConV 2010. The brackets are different but they will work and a few folks, possibly for this forum, have made the switch.  However, when the 2011 came out I called HD's Customer Service in Milwaukee and was told no.  At this point I do not know who to believe so I am wondering whether anyone  has actually made the switch. :help:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 02:43:00 PM by n2mycvo »

n2mycvo

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Update on fairing fitment
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 10:00:47 PM »

I was easily able to mount a 2011 fairing on my 2010 ConV. Yes!  :bananarock: I called HD again and was told that although the mantra is "it will not fit" the truth is it may fit.  The standard "NO" is because HD did not test the fitment so it "will not fit."   :carrot: :jalapeno: :apple:

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible

n2mycvo,

That's great news. So did you go for the new fairing or just test fit someone else's? Were you able to swap outer shell so the colors matched? That will save some bucks if you don't have to do a repaint.

I was strongly considering this as well and then fitting the new windshield and lower deflectors from the new model but the cost of all the parts was really over the top.

Please pose some pics if you have them!

MikeV
Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

n2mycvo

• Junior CVO Member

MikeV,

I borrowed someone's 2011 fairing and then installed it on my bike.  I am considering purchasing it as the owner does not like the fairing. The problem is I am getting a custom made Clearview Shield windshield and am researching to see whether I can install a better speaker system in the stock fairing.  I do know you can use your outer skin and most of the hardware.  I am researching everything, including pricing, over the next couple of weeks so stay tune.  I will, however, send pictures of the 2011 fairing on my bike probably this weekend as it is suppose to snow tomorrow. Yes, I know,  :worthless:

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible

I was also looking to purchase a 2011 or 2012 fairing from someone who was tired of the wind turbulence and opt for the fatboy windshield. If anyone wants to sell theirs please PM me.

MikeV
Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

n2mycvo

• Junior CVO Member

Yes I will.  :)

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 25 queries.