Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HD in-dash Tweeters installation with Hogtunes amp?  (Read 3719 times)

Ken1956

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Spiced Rum, Fullsac Stage 1, Klock Werks Windshield, Motorcycle Armor
HD in-dash Tweeters installation with Hogtunes amp?
« on: November 04, 2011, 07:40:27 AM »

I have an '10 SESG.  I installed a Hogtunes 902.2/Amp kit last winter, which includes their amp and beefier speakers.  Hogtunes has told me that these Harley tweeters can be installed with their system with 'Y' jacks. 

Has anyone added the HD tweeters to their Hogtunes package?  Did you run into any 'gotchas'?

BTW, anyone know the part number of the HD tweeters?  I couldn't find it searching the H-D.com site.

Thanks in advance.

Ken

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
Re: HD in-dash Tweeters installation with Hogtunes amp?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 09:17:42 AM »

From the HD P&A catalog's new Boom Audio Custom Touring System, p/n 76000209 (basically the amps, speakers, etc. from the 2012 CVO Street Glide) installation instructions, Table 3, page 12, the p/n for the tweeters is 77036-11A:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Media/downloads/Service/isheets/-J05408.pdf

Haven't seen anyone retrofit the HD tweeters in the 2" gauge holes on the 2010 CVO SG.  Also, because of the amps used on the SESG2/3's, the speakers are 1 ohm impedance which may be an issue with using the tweeters with the HT amp.  PEZ at HT can probably offer some useful advice.

Carl

Ken1956

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Spiced Rum, Fullsac Stage 1, Klock Werks Windshield, Motorcycle Armor
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 01:51:42 PM »

From the HD P&A catalog's new Boom Audio Custom Touring System, p/n 76000209 (basically the amps, speakers, etc. from the 2012 CVO Street Glide) installation instructions, Table 3, page 12, the p/n for the tweeters is 77036-11A:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Media/downloads/Service/isheets/-J05408.pdf

Haven't seen anyone retrofit the HD tweeters in the 2" gauge holes on the 2010 CVO SG.  Also, because of the amps used on the SESG2/3's, the speakers are 1 ohm impedance which may be an issue with using the tweeters with the HT amp.  PEZ at HT can probably offer some useful advice.

Carl

Thanks Carl for providing the part number.  I love it how the MoCo doesn't have all of their parts in their search engine.

Anyway, PEZ has already offered his help with the installation.  I will mention to him they are 1 ohm impedance, to see if that's going to be an issue.

Ken

Ken1956

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 05:15:02 PM »

Pez's response:

Nope—the way a tweeter works, you will be OK

Glad you checked! I knew the HD ones are rated at 1 ohm, but knew it would be OK

Ken1956

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 08:28:59 PM »

Carl

Those tweeters are only $28 at Zanotti's.  That's cheap in HD prices.

Thanks again for the part and installation sheet.

Ken

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 09:27:13 PM »

You're welcome.  Hope you'll post some pics and info on your installation.

Good luck with your project.

Carl

Ken1956

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 09:11:53 AM »

Definitely

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 25 queries.