Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vance and Hines Dresser Duals 2010 and Up - Routing of O2 Sensor Wires  (Read 1781 times)

tpb857

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2022 CVO Tri Glide
    • CVO2: 2016 CVO Street Glide (traded)
    • CVO3: 2014 CVO Limited (sold)

I installed the Dresser Duals last week on my 12 CVO SG.  Instructions basically state to run the O2 wires from the Dresser Duals the same as on the stock set up.  Only problem is, the wire for the rear sensor is too shot that way since the sensor is in a different location the the pipe.  Wire to the front sensor reaches.  I ended up running the wire straight back over the motor/tranny, behind the starter and then up behind the right side cover.  Doesn't look bad, I would just prefer that it wasn't as easily visible.  Anybody that installed these pipes on a 2010 and up do it a different way where you can't see the wires that easily?  Thanks.

PosseRider

Re: Vance and Hines Dresser Duals 2010 and Up - Routing of O2 Sensor Wires
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 08:44:11 PM »

I had to do it the same. I don't why V&H didn't put the bung holes in the same place as stock.

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 09:23:35 PM »

They don't care about the 02 sensors....they only care about the sound and looks....not performance. This came right from a V&H spokesman when I confronted him with the same question.
Doc
Doc's Performance Tuning

www.docsperformancetuning.com

tpb857

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2022 CVO Tri Glide
    • CVO2: 2016 CVO Street Glide (traded)
    • CVO3: 2014 CVO Limited (sold)
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 04:44:14 AM »

I took another look at it yesterday and I didn't want to keep the wire going over the motor.  I had to unhook the sensor plugs from their mounts under the right side cover so I could locate them lower.  I then ran the sensor wire straight down from the rear header then under the cover where the clutch cable goes in and then up to the plug.  It would be a lot easier if they just moved the sensor hole down.

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 21 queries.