Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: madstad windshield  (Read 6558 times)

themasterdestroyer

madstad windshield
« on: January 14, 2012, 05:25:55 PM »

Thinkin about pullin the trigger. anyone have one ? tint - clear ???

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: madstad windshield
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 06:34:32 PM »

You can go here:  Madstad windshield and see some pics and general comments.  Personally, while it may work fairly well, I think it's butt-ugly.   :-\

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

LV76

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLTRUSE traded in
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE traded in
    • CVO3: 16 FLTRUSE
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 07:46:43 PM »

Check out www.roadglide.org, a member or two on that site have them and there is a lot of conversation about them. 

jayray00SERG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red FLTRSE1
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 09:19:28 PM »

Rain going 1 inch over your helmet and missing your arms/shoulders? Function over looks in my world! Takes a bit to dial it in. Only way to go on a Road Glide.

themasterdestroyer

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 10:57:04 PM »

doin a long trip this spring and want some " real" protection/ performance. not concerned with looks. my daily shield is a KW 12".

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 11:13:06 PM »

doin a long trip this spring and want some " real" protection/ performance. not concerned with looks. my daily shield is a KW 12".

Then it is just what you want, if you don't care how it looks.   :2vrolijk_21:

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHRXS Road Kind Special
    • KY

• CVO1: 2019 FLHRXS Road King Special (not a cvo)
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 07:57:22 AM »

Check out www.roadglide.org, a member or two on that site have them and there is a lot of conversation about them. 

I belong to the road glide forum also and people love this windshield. I am not crazy about the looks but the claimed performance has me thinking I want one. The other obsticle is its a little pricey! But if it performs as well as people say it would be worth it. JM2C
2019 FLHRXS Road King Special
2016 FLSS Softail Slim Special
2009 CVO Road Glide FLTRSE3
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
2001 Chrome Yellow & vivid Black FXDL
1985 Candy Red FXRS
1955 Triumph T110 Tiger chopper built by me!

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 01:03:03 PM »

Firstly,    :worthless:

Secondly, Wind shield comments are not really helpful unless you give your height and size of the windshield.  I'm 5'11" with an average frame.   The KW 12" looked fine but only deflected air to my face and ears.  Worthless.  Tried the Clearview GT Small:  Excellent fit and function but boring.  Finally found a CeeBailey's 14" smoked.  Best quality (aircraft grade), fit, function and appearance IMHO.  Excellent protection and you can see through it!  BTW, how do you clean the UGLY Madstad?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 01:04:54 PM by GregKhougaz »

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHRXS Road Kind Special
    • KY

• CVO1: 2019 FLHRXS Road King Special (not a cvo)
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 03:41:13 PM »

Firstly,    :worthless:

Secondly, Wind shield comments are not really helpful unless you give your height and size of the windshield.  I'm 5'11" with an average frame.   The KW 12" looked fine but only deflected air to my face and ears.  Worthless.  Tried the Clearview GT Small:  Excellent fit and function but boring.  Finally found a CeeBailey's 14" smoked.  Best quality (aircraft grade), fit, function and appearance IMHO.  Excellent protection and you can see through it!  BTW, how do you clean the UGLY Madstad?

Well as I stated I don't have one but this is what I have read. The 16" model is good for riders 6' and taller. there is a 13" for shorter. Being 5'11" they reccommend a 16" for the guys review I read. Now they are adjustable. there is a procedure they claim helps you find the sweet spot. As far as cleaning I guess it like any other windshield. Special procedure for cleaning Beats me?  Ugly in the eye of the beholder. Personally I think my bike looks best with no windshield! But I enjoy having some shielding from wind and bugs on road trips. That stock piece of crap hd put on my bike would rip your shades off and damn near your head at 70! Here is the web site. Good Luck!!!

http://www.madstad.com/s.nl/sc.7/category.2136/.f
2019 FLHRXS Road King Special
2016 FLSS Softail Slim Special
2009 CVO Road Glide FLTRSE3
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
2001 Chrome Yellow & vivid Black FXDL
1985 Candy Red FXRS
1955 Triumph T110 Tiger chopper built by me!

rdawg

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE Rio Red AKA "Red Rider"
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2012, 09:13:05 PM »

I've got a 13" in light smoke.  Its very light.  I am thinking of upgrading to the 16 " in dark since you look way over the top with little or no wind.  It works much better than "fairly well".  Takes some fine tuning to get it to the right height and angle.  I'm 6' and guess I should have gone with the 16", Mark at Madstad will swap it out if you get the wrong one.  Check Roadglide.org and user "SHRUG".  He has the most miles on it and was involved in its development for the road glide.  I am very happy with mine.

Rich

td119

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2012, 09:45:28 PM »

I am 5' 11" with a 30" inseam and have had a Clear View, Klocks and Harley windshield and this past summer was one of the first to pickup on one of the Madstad back in the end of March and I agree with everyone it is ugly but it does work  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:  In April I did my first trip with it on down to the Dragon's Tail and thru the Blue Ridge parkway and it was great.  Rode with it to Laconic and then out to Sturgis and in over 16K miles it has worked as advertised.  This year I picked up a CeeBaily for around town and plan to us the Madstad for the long trips. :)

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2012, 02:13:06 PM »

What does do for the BSR?  Are they happy too?
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Ferromet

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2012, 09:33:25 AM »

I am 5' 11" with a 30" inseam and have had a Clear View, Klocks and Harley windshield and this past summer was one of the first to pickup on one of the Madstad back in the end of March and I agree with everyone it is ugly but it does work  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:  In April I did my first trip with it on down to the Dragon's Tail and thru the Blue Ridge parkway and it was great.  Rode with it to Laconic and then out to Sturgis and in over 16K miles it has worked as advertised.  This year I picked up a CeeBaily for around town and plan to us the Madstad for the long trips. :)

Is that the 13" or 16" you have on there?

td119

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2012, 10:46:39 AM »

It is the 16" and with the adjustment I can raise or lower it to the height that works for me  :2vrolijk_21:.  If you are unsure as to what size windshield I would go with the taller one because the mounting system allows you to adjust the height and the angle  ::)

Hope this helps......   :)

cvogeorge

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 10:45:05 PM »

I have the 13in light smoke on mine and love it. It does take a while to get used to the look and to dial it in. BSR has no complaints. One thing it does do is interfere with the satellite reception because of the metal base shield. I had to switch antennas in order to get uninterrupted reception.

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 21 queries.