Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Glare--most abrasive?  (Read 5647 times)

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
Glare--most abrasive?
« on: January 30, 2012, 08:18:30 PM »

I need to know the order of abrasiveness of the Glare products. Knockout is the most abrasive, the Pro polish is the least and the last coat. Where does Micro finish and Spider fit in the mix.  I bought the kit this summer and have my bike apart now for the winter once-over.  I have some scratches on the side bag covers and need to know the order.  Used the Pro polish on the side covers this weekend and WOW. Very nice.  I like it.  Perry said: knockout, spider, Micro finish, pro polish.  The back of the bottles say: knockout, Micro polish, Spider, Pro polish. Which is it?
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: Glare--most abrasive?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 09:15:10 PM »

LOL, I'm surprised that's what the Glare Guy said.  I've always understood t's supposed to be: knockout, Micro polish, Spider, Pro polish.  Use the Spider (least aggressive), first.  If the scratches aren't bad, that's probably all you'll need.

roadking71865

• "The Dark Knight"
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: The Dark Knight
    • CVO2: '03 FLHRSEI2 (sold)
    • CVO3: '08 F-250 Diesel
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 09:52:24 PM »

LOL, I'm surprised that's what the Glare Guy said.  I've always understood t's supposed to be: knockout, Micro polish, Spider, Pro polish.  Use the Spider (least aggressive), first.  If the scratches aren't bad, that's probably all you'll need.
X2
Fullsac B X-pipe
1.75 pwr. cores
Big Sucker A/C
TTS MasterTuner
BAL Tail Light, Motolights
Custom Dynamics LED Turning Lamps
HD LED Headlamp & Passing Lamps
J & M FlexPower AM/FM/WB Antenna
J & M FlexPower CB Antenna
Mini Beast Air Horn, Wheeldock EZ-UP Center Stnd
Kennedy Technology CellSet
External XM SRS Satellite Antenna
HarleyGoodies Floor board extenders
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 440's
Clearview 9.5" windshield
Corbin Dual Tour Heated Seat

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 05:47:04 AM »

I'm not sure, but JCZ can tell you for sure!  :D har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Frankcsal

• Junior CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 08:01:57 AM »

Below are the directions I received when I did my Skunk.  I was amazed at how it came out with a mirror finish look and the paint colors were intense even if it wasn't in direct sun light. 

THE CORRECT GLARE APPLICATION PROCEEDURE!
GLARE WINNERS CIRCLE, AND OTHER KITS

1 Knock Out
2.Spider
3.Micro
4 Glare Pro Polish

In this order you will apply the products in the exact same fashion. Buff into the painted surface with a thick Micro Fiber Towel hook and loop design until the product disappears. Turn over the Towel and use the other side to wipe off the excess. Use a new Micro Fiber Towel with each of the products mentioned above. After you finished using the four products as described you will then go over a second coat only with the Glare Pro Polish. Rub in this time but not until the polish disappears. Let it dry to a haze! Do the whole vehicle without buffing the haze off. When you are finished with the vehicle at that time wait 30 min. then buff to a shine with a new Micro Fiber Towel. Do not get water on the Vehicle for 24 hours as it has to cure, and also do not ever put any other products over the Glare except a Glare product as the Glassplexin does not mix with Silicones, Waxes, and Polymers. Very important on this point. If you want to apply another coat of Glare you can do this without any problems to fill in new scratches. As you know when you drive any vehicle on the road the dirt from the highways will make new scratches so we suggest you put on a new coat of Glare every other month. You will not need to go over the 4 step ever again unless your paint got keyed or vandalized etc.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Perry Stevens
President Domestic-International Sales Dept./Chemical Division

2016 CVO StreetGlide 1800 CC’S Color CRB CRY/PTM FLM

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 08:47:40 AM »

There you have it. That's the predicament I have too.  Which is it?  I guess I'd go with Perry.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 09:18:38 AM »

From the Glare website (http://glare.com/products.php):

"GLARE Spider (12 oz. bottle)
GLARE SPIDER with Glassplexin is the most advanced swirl removing product ever created. Utilizing a unique chemical process of ultra pure metal interlinked fusion to Glassplexin particles, GLARE SPIDER will physically and chemically remove circular swirls and the appearance of spider webs in the paint, including on black paint even when viewed in direct sunlight. GLARE SPIDER is not a cover up product, but a technologically advanced swirl removal solution that will permanently correct 99% of the swirls that appear in your paint which are caused by automated carwashes, hard water, dust, and dirt. Unlike other products that are sold as swirl remover products, GLARE SPIDER actually works and does exactly what the label says it will do. GLARE SPIDER will correct even the heaviest level of swirls and should always be followed with an application of GLARE MICRO-FINISH or GLARE PROFESSIONAL POLISH. GLARE SPIDER has been designed to also work excellently on plastic too! Truly Beyond 22nd Centu... View Detail"

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 10:32:45 AM »

That's what I read too. Still confused.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 10:59:14 AM »

I guess what I posted agrees with what Perry told Frankcsal, or you could also interpret it that you can go straight from Spider to the Pro Polish.  I just know I've had scratches in the clear coat that Spider wouldn't touch, but that Micro-Finish totally eliminated. :nixweiss:  So, I'm sticking with what I posted earlier. :)

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, 03:35:36 PM »

Below are the directions I received when I did my Skunk.  I was amazed at how it came out with a mirror finish look and the paint colors were intense even if it wasn't in direct sun light. 

1 Knock Out
2.Spider
3.Micro
4 Glare Pro Polish

In this order you will apply the products in the exact same fashion. Buff into the painted surface with a thick Micro Fiber Towel hook and loop design until the product disappears. Turn over the Towel and use the other side to wipe off the excess. Use a new Micro Fiber Towel with each of the products mentioned above. After you finished using the four products as described you will then go over a second coat only with the Glare Pro Polish. Rub in this time but not until the polish disappears. Let it dry to a haze! Do the whole vehicle without buffing the haze off. When you are finished with the vehicle at that time wait 30 min. then buff to a shine with a new Micro Fiber Towel. Do not get water on the Vehicle for 24 hours as it has to cure, and also do not ever put any other products over the Glare except a Glare product as the Glassplexin does not mix with Silicones, Waxes, and Polymers. Very important on this point. If you want to apply another coat of Glare you can do this without any problems to fill in new scratches. As you know when you drive any vehicle on the road the dirt from the highways will make new scratches so we suggest you put on a new coat of Glare every other month. You will not need to go over the 4 step ever again unless your paint got keyed or vandalized etc.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Perry Stevens

Thats exactly what Perry told me also.  Oh yeah it works as stated  :2vrolijk_21:

Glare

• Vendor
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Glare Correct Product order for Application
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 11:53:32 AM »

1 Knock Out
2.Spider
3.Micro
4 Glare Pro Polish

In this order you will apply the products in the exact same fashion. Buff into the painted surface with a thick Micro Fiber Towel hook and loop design until the product disappears. Turn over the Towel and use the other side to wipe off the excess. Use a new Micro Fiber Towel with each of the products mentioned above. After you finished using the four products as described you will then go over a second coat only with the Glare Pro Polish. Rub in this time but not until the polish disappears. Let it dry to a haze! Do the whole vehicle without buffing the haze off. When you are finished with the vehicle at that time wait 30 min. then buff to a shine with a new Micro Fiber Towel. Do not get water on the Vehicle for 24 hours as it has to cure, and also do not ever put any other products over the Glare except a Glare product as the Glassplexin does not mix with Silicones, Waxes, and Polymers. Very important on this point. If you want to apply another coat of Glare you can do this without any problems to fill in new scratches. As you know when you drive any vehicle on the road the dirt from the highways will make new scratches so we suggest you put on a new coat of Glare every other month. You will not need to go over the 4 step ever again unless your paint got keyed or vandalized etc. You may e-mail me for a free GLARE Power point slide show. I will send it to you upon your request via e-mail attachement. Very interesting and helpful understanding why Glare Polish Products are so different. Remember to use the 15% off Discount code for all GLARE products purchased at www.Glare.com on all orders of $60.00 or more ;D Here is the code again 5190CLM Thank you again for your patronage, well appreciated. God bless you all and ride safely!!
Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Perry Stevens

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 25 queries.