Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hogtunes vs Boom Audio Upgrade  (Read 1925 times)

bkmaster1

Hogtunes vs Boom Audio Upgrade
« on: February 19, 2013, 12:22:05 PM »

I've read a ton and I've gotten a lot of great advice and help and I'm down to the final piece of the upgrade puzzle.  First, my goals are to upgrade the fairing and rear speakers of my '08 FLHTCUSE3 only with the intent to provide clarity and reasonable quality at highway speeds.  I'm also looking to do so at the best value price and fairly easy to install.

I think I've come down to the BT-2180 amp and Titan II's in the fairing from Biketronics and now I'm figuring out the replacements for the rear speakers (Bill from BT suggested running them off the head unit, alas the 2-channel amp instead of 4).

Does anyone have any experience with the Hogtunes 5.25" Upgrades in the rear versus the Boom Audio 5.25" rear speakers?  Or another alternative?  Thanks!

This site (and Rich-TIF2 and Bill from BT) has been incredibly helpful.  I appreciate any additional insights.

RedEagle

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: '10 FLHTCUSE5, FullSac Xpipe, 2",TTS, 8 speaker HogTunes!
    • CVO2: WO's Chubby 578, Road Tech Zumo 660
Re: Hogtunes vs Boom Audio Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 10:19:44 AM »

I have the HOG Tunes package and I am very happy with it.
Sounds Great even at speed.  I am at work so I don't want to quote package numbers but I think its the Ulta package.
It came with a amp for the speakers in the glove boxes, four replacement speakers and the Tweeter dashpad.  There might be louder kits out there but this is loud enough to make you say "Uncle" and turn it down.  The speakers are all 2 ohm.
Oh Yeah this was Big for me, it retains all functions of your Harley audio controls, like the auto volume control when you come to a stop the volume comes down too.
It truly sounds great even with a helmet on!
Good Luck with your choice
I was so much Older then....I am younger than that Now.

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 25 queries.