Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2007 cvo road king - engine shuts down when ridding especially when hot  (Read 1394 times)

taroddy

my '07 cvo road king has started shutting down occasionally, without warning, as if I hit the kill switch; my Harley dealer has been unable to find the problem.  Anybody have any ideas as to what's going on.  So far the bike starts right up when I hit the kill switch and the turn it back on and hit the run button - kinda gets your attention when it happens at highway speed.

mark

Re: 2007 cvo road king - engine shuts down when ridding especially when hot
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 06:55:20 PM »

My '98 RK with fuel injection did the same thing.  Would only do it occasionally , then got more frequent.  Described problem to a great service mgr and he diagnosed problem as a bad "bank angle sensor."  Service tech replaced it and the bike never acted up again.  Might mention this to your service guy.  Also Google: harley bank angle sensor...you'll find others that had same problem with bikes about the same age as yours.

highwayking

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHTCUSE2 - Red
Re: 2007 cvo road king - engine shuts down when ridding especially when hot
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 09:00:07 PM »

My '07 CVO Ultra had a similar problem.  It would die when I decelerated usually after riding for awhile.  When I pulled the clutch in to shift to a lower gear like coming off an exit ramp the RPMs would go down to zero.  When I let out on the clutch, she would fire back up again.  Did this infrequently, but enough to cause concern.  The diagnostics showed a faulty oxygen sensor code.  They replaced it and no more problems. 

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 21 queries.